Monday, November 24, 2008

Leah ~ 8 Months

Leah turned 8 months old this past Friday. She is growing so much and she is doing new things every day. It is such a joy to watch her progress and learn...that is definitely one of the best parts of being a parent :).

~ She still wants to be held all of the time. The moment that you put her down she cries. It breaks my heart when she is sad, so I pretty much hold her all day long. Yes, she definitely has me wrapped around her little finger!
~ She loves to play with Noah and prefers playing with his toys over hers...Noah doesn't like this very much.
~ She prefers to eat solid foods over baby food. She will eat baby food, but she enjoys eating bread, cut up bananas, cut up peaches, etc... She loves to grab the pieces of food and feed herself.
~ She is fast! If she is on your lap, she will grab anything in sight, and most of the time it is stuff that she should have her hands on. The worst is when we are holding her at the dinner table and she grabs our plates and throws them on the ground...this has happened more then once. You would think that we would have learned by now.
~ She has a little attitude and is starting to throw some little tantrums. I think that she is too young to be doing this. Oh boy!
~ It is still hard to get a smile out of her, and we think that she is just being stubborn about it. We will try to get her to smile, and she will look at us and smile with her mouth closed, and then she will turn her head away. It's pretty funny to watch!
~ She is starting to babble a lot and we get a kick out of listening to her. I swear, I would be content listening to her babble all day long...it's so cute! Oh...and she can say "Mom" and I know that she is saying it in context {wink, wink}.
~ She is starting to fill out {especially in her face}, but she is still pretty petite. I took her to the doctor last week because she was sick, and she weighs 15 pounds 6 ounces. Her cousin Ryan, who is 4 months younger, weighs 16 pounds! Wow!
~ She is starting to get really mobile. She is in the beginning stages of crawling. She will go from the sitting position to getting on her hands and knees, but after a few seconds she falls down on her belly. Once she is on her belly she will do an army crawl to get to her destination. I don't think that I am ready for her to start moving around. Ready or not, here she comes :).
~ She has just started to pull her self up onto her knees when she is holding on to a toy or something stable.


Here are some pictures from this past month...


I let Leah play with Noah's trucks during his nap time :). Shhh...don't tell Noah.
Trying to crawl.



Leah pulling herself up on her knees. Very impressive :).



Here is a video of Leah saying "Mom" :).

5 comments:

Jennifer Brailsford said...

Hey did you make the scrapbooking pages that scroll in your blog? What program do you use to scroll pictures on your blog? Last question are you guys planning on going to the BCS bowl game for Utah? If you are email me I have an idea.

Cher said...

she's so cute. and i really wish i had your camera. i know i've asked you before but can't remember, what kind of camera do you use?

Rowley's said...

Of course she is saying mom, it should be every kids first word! I'm sorry that I could bring myself to read your previous post, but we'll get our sweet revenge. Oh and how much did you guys pay Max Hall? He should have been awarded the game ball :)

Jodi Nelson said...

She is SO precious!!! Angelic really.

Maria said...

What camera do you have?? I love your photos!! I am looking for a new one. Let me know if you can! Thanks!
Happy Thanksgiving. What are your plans? I hope it is a good one!