Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Girl

Leah has been showing an interest in going potty on the *real* potty for about 2 weeks now. The first time that I sat her on the potty, she went! I was beyond amazed, and my reaction made her so excited. I gave her some treats and kept jumping up and down and clapping my hands...I'm sure that it was quite a sight to see, but I was SO excited! Now, Noah was a breeze when it came to potty training, and I didn't think that my luck could be that good and that she would be just as easy, but maybe she will be that easy to potty train. Whenever we are home, she tells me when she has to go by grabbing herself {the obvious} and then dragging me with her to the bathroom. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. But, when we are at home, she almost rarely goes potty in her diaper. So, today I went and got her some BIG GIRL UNDIES! She picked out the Elmo ones {she *loves* Elmo!} and she was oh so very excited when I put them on her at home. She walked around for about 2 hours with them on and she just kept looking at them and smiling. It was really cute! We'll see how long this lasts...I'm not going to push her, but if she's ready to be a big girl and go on the potty, who am I to hold her back, right? I would be one happy Mommy if she was potty trained by the time this baby comes along...REALLY happy :)!

Seriously...how cute are little kids when they wear undies for the first time?!?!? So, so cute! You can bet that I keep pinching that cute little bum :).

4 comments:

Cher said...

that is amazing! and unfair. :) lucy's giving me a hard time. but i think she's finally getting the hang of it.

Jennifer Brailsford said...

Potty training...can't wait! I want those dipaers to go bye-bye, as Mollie would say.

Chelsea said...

Wow you are lucky! Colton loves to sit on the toliet, but hasn't ever gone. I think I will have 2 in diapers for awhile. Oh well.

Julie said...

It's so unfair that potty training has been so easy for you! But I am happy for you anyway. Go Leah!!!