Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Noah's FIRST Day of Preschool

Today was a big day for Noah...his FIRST day of Preschool! It was a big day for me too, sending my first born to Preschool is a huge step. I know that his teacher is going to do a wonderful job teaching him this year, and I do trust her, but it's just hard to let go. And I know that is normal. Letting go is hard...and this is just Preschool! Oh boy...I have a lot to look forward to :).

Back to Noah.

Noah has been excited to start preschool all summer. He has asked me often when he is going to start going and what he is going to do there. This is all so new to him, so I don't at all blame him for being full of questions on this next step in his young life. When I would tell him that he was going to learn more about letters, and numbers, and this, that, and another, and go on field trips, AND make friends...boy, oh boy, was he excited! Especially the part when I told him that in the Spring he gets to go to a fire station with his class...that was the one that *really* put a smile on his face.

Throughout the past week, Doug and I have been talking to him about how to act at school...you know...be kind, be nice, have fun...that kind of stuff. Well, yesterday he told me that I had nothing to worry about! I hope that he is right!

Last night Doug gave Noah a Father's blessing and Noah just took in everything that Doug said. I know that that blessing comforted him...and it comforted me too! So, when I took him to school this morning, we were both at ease and he joyfully walked into his classroom and immediately started to participate, but not before giving me a hug and telling me that he loved me.

It makes me feel like Doug and I have done something right. To watch him walk away from me and know that I am going to come back for him and trust me when I have told him that this new experience is going to be wonderful!

When I picked him up he was grinning from ear to ear. He had such a wonderful time and he has been telling me all day about all of the fun stuff that he did...and all of the fun stuff that is yet to come! The best part was when he told me that he had homework to do for Friday, which was accompanied by a huge smile! I hope that smile stays when he has homework in the years to come ;).

Being the mom that I am, I was excited to pick out his outfit for his first day. I was going to have him wear his new Quiksilver t-shirt, but then Doug said, jokingly, that he should wear a polo shirt so that he looks like he is going to school to learn and not play...ha! I think he looks like a stud in his cute shorts and polo shirt...he's definitely ready to learn!
When Leah saw Noah put on his backpack, she immediately ran and grabbed her backpack and kept saying over and over again, "I go to school with Noah!". I think Leah was trying to steal Noah's thunder by mimicing him...he did not think it was funny. I thought it was hilarious!
Noah in his classroom...he's all ready!
Here's Noah when I went to pick him up. His teacher was giving him his homework...let the fun begin!

4 comments:

Kris said...

He looks like he was real excited.
What a handsome little student!!

Wendy said...

I'm so glad he had a good time. He looks so excited and cute!

Julie said...

Polo or T-Shirt, he is very handsome!
Oh, and I think Leah is funny too!

Kaeloni said...

So cute!!!