Sunday, November 3, 2013

Carving Pumpkins

As in years past, we decided to carve our pumpkins on the eve of Halloween.  The children were *very* excited to finally carve their pumpkins...but it was proven that this little tradition is a lot more work than fun.  Here we are at the start of the night...all happy and ready.
Then the fun really started!  It took a while for us to finally empty the pumpkins, which was accompanied by a lot of "ewws" and "this is so nasty".  I was able to snap some pics of the kids with smiles on their faces though ;).
Then things turned a little south.  Noah could not decide what he wanted to carve on his pumpkin, even after a lot of ideas given to him by both Doug and I.  He didn't seem happy with anything that we threw his way.  And Leah wanted me to do some elaborate *thing* on her pumpkin...first it was Cinderella, and then Tinker-bell.  She wasn't happy by my answer, which was "no".  I didn't have it in me to do something like that.  After much discussion, Doug and I finally convinced them of what they needed to do, and all was well in the Smith household once again.  Although, I don't think I'm going to be doing this tradition next year...too much work!!

And Isaac proved to be the star of the show...he didn't fuss once about anything and was happy as can be the entire time.  Thank goodness for him this night.
And Kate was a total champ and just sat and watched us the entire time.  Love this little gal of ours :).
And here are the finished products.  Here's Noahs...
Leah's....
We have a tradition of always carving a Utah pumpkin, and I had it in me, after all of the drama, to do it.  I'm glad that I did :).

0 comments: