Monday, January 6, 2014

10 Years!

I honestly never thought that ten years could go by so fast!  I feel like just yesterday we were getting married!  I remember every detail of that day...to think that 10 years has passed is unbelievable to me!  But, then I think of all the great things that we have accomplished during our marriage thus far...new jobs for me, new jobs for Doug, Doug graduated with 2 bachelor degrees, we built our townhouse, Doug graduated with his MBA, we moved to our current house, and how can I forget the most wonderful thing of all...OUR FOUR FABULOUS CHILDREN!  My life has been SO enriched because of my marriage to Doug, and our children are definitely the best thing that has ever happened to us!  And I wouldn't want to experience all of these great things without Doug...he is definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me!  He does so much for our family and I am grateful for him each and every day!  He is simply the BEST!  I definitely married up when I married that man!
Now, Doug and I hardly ever spend weekends away, but we decided that we had to go and do something special for our 10 year anniversary!  My mom was kind enough to come and spend the night with the kids while we went away for Friday and Saturday.  We really had so much fun just being together and having a conversation without kids interrupting us!  Plus we went shopping and to a movie!  It was a great time away...I kind of wished that it was longer.  

0 comments: