Saturday, July 10, 2010

29

We celebrated my birthday last Saturday...29 years old! This is my last year in my 20's and I want to make sure that I make it good!

I had a pretty relaxed birthday this year. We spent the morning with Doug's family at the Smith Family Reunion. We had such a wonderful time playing some great games, making rockets and setting them off {Noah LOVED this!}, making very cute necklaces and bracelets, and socializing with everyone. It was so great to meet some of Doug's cousins that I have never met before...he has such a wonderful family and I am so thankful to now be a part of it :).

After coming home and getting some well deserved naps, we headed up to my parent's house for a BBQ, cake, gifts, and fireworks! My mom and dad gave me a very cool indoor grill {love it!} and a nice variety of perennials for our yard. We planted them this week and I am so excited for them to grow from year to year.

It was a wonderful day and I am so thankful to be where I am at 29...I've been raised by the most wonderful parents, I married my bestest friend, and I am the mother to three AMAZING children. I love my life!!!

Leah made a necklace and bracelet with her name on them and she's been wearing them ever since. Noah just loved making a rocket and setting it off...I think he set his off 10 times, and he was amazed by it every time!

Noah's birthday gift to me was learning to ride his bike without training wheels. More on that later :). Wow...I am still amazed at how hard it is to get a decent picture with the kids. This was the best that I could do.

Doug made some fantastic hamburgers for dinner...YUM!
Isaac pretty much slept the entire evening...he's definitely still in that sleepy newborn stage and I don't mind one bit. I just love snuggling with him while he's asleep in my arms :).
We had a fun little firework show to end the night. I still, to this day, love that we get to set of fireworks on my birthday every year!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy 29th Birthday Angie! I think that's a good picture of you and your kids.

Kris said...

Had such a fun time. Love my 29 year old daughter!!