Sunday, July 18, 2010

Isaac ~ One Month

It's official...Isaac is one month old today! I am just amazed that an entire month has gone by since he was born. I feel like I was just bringing him home yesterday, and I was, but to think that he is "one month old" is just crazy to me!

Isaac has been such a wonderful baby, and I can't put into words how thankful I am for that! Here are some highlights from this past month.

~ He is such a calm baby. He really only cries if he is hungry or if he is in the car. Otherwise, he is so laid back and likes to just chill in my arms and take in everything that is going on around him.
~ He is an AMAZING sleeper! I don't want to brag, but I have to...HE SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT {knock on wood}!!! For the first few weeks that we were home, he seriously slept most of the day and was up for maybe 2 hours, then he would only wake up to be fed once at night and then go back to sleep. Well, he still pretty much sleeps most of the day {he is starting to stay up a little more}, but once I put him down for the night, he is out until 7 in the morning! I am beyond thankful that he is a good sleeper because I need the extra sleep with my crazy days with three kids.
~ He does NOT like his carseat...not one bit! He usually starts to fuss the minute that we put him in his seat, and then once we start going in the car he starts crying really hard...like that really, really sad cry that breaks your heart! It's so sad to listen to! He is starting to sleep a little better in the car, but if he is awake he will let you know that he does not want to be there!
~ He is so loved by Noah and Leah. The first thing that both of them do when they wake up in the morning is ask about baby Isaac and then hunt him down and shower him with hugs and kisses. Isaac tolerates this love to a point, but he'll let them know if he wants his space. Noah is constantly asking to hold him, and we let him, but we definitely have to be there to supervise. He really can't get enough of him. Leah has her moments when she would rather have me hold her instead of Isaac, and I kind of expected this from her before he was born. Don't get me wrong, she definitely loves her little brother, but she still thinks that she's the baby and wants to have mommy's attention, especially when I'm tending to Isaac. Sometimes, when Doug is home, she'll drag Doug over to me if I am holding the baby and tell him "Daddy, you hold Isaac...Mommy hold me!". We can't help but giggle a little when she does this ;).
~ He is very strong and can hold his head up really well without any help. He's still a little wobbly, but there are times that he will hold his head up for a pretty long time and move his head around without crashing forward {or back}.
~ He is growing like a weed! At his 2 week appointment, he gained about 2 pounds and 1 inch. He is also very rolly polly...he has the cutest rolls on his arms and legs!
~ Who does he look like??? This is the golden question! Well, I think he looks like Doug. I see a little of Noah and Leah in him, but he really has his own look. BUT, if Doug is holding him, you can't deny that they look alike!
~ He just started to smile at us this past week and it just warms our hearts every time!
~ He's perfect in every way. He has the most beautiful face and I can't help but just stare at him when he's in my arms. When Noah and Leah are napping, I'll just scoop him up and hold him until they wake up, and all that time I'm just taking in this perfect little angel that has blessed our family. He has made us a family of five, and we couldn't be happier about it!

Needless to say, we are gaga for Isaac and we look forward to the many adventures with this new little angel.


Holding his head up high :).

Handsome boy!
Cute little profile...I think that he looks a bit like Noah here.
Noah loves reading all of his favorite books to Isaac.
He loves tubby time...and check out those rolls!
Noah and Leah lovin' on Isaac.
Happy to sad in an instant...he really doesn't like that carseat!
Chillin' with his brother and sister before bedtime tonight. I still can't believe that these three precious angels are mine...how lucky am I?!?!?

2 comments:

Cher said...

he IS handsome! looks like you're not just surviving 3, but loving it. that's so awesome that he sleeps all night.

Erin K said...

so stinkin cute! avery HATED her carseat too! sucks. i love the picture of each of the kids holding him. so precious. i need to meet him!