Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer Vacation ~ Disneyland {and an Angels game}

After spending four days with the Kelly's, we decided to drive to southern California. The night that we arrived, Doug decided to take Noah to an LA Angels baseball game with his good friend John. I was a little nervous about how Noah would be during the game, but apparently he was very interested and was good about sitting in his seat, most of the time. I was glad that Noah was able to experience going to a MLB game with his daddy...I know that Doug enjoyed taking him :).

The next two days were spent at Disneyland. Yes, I know that we just went there five months ago, but we really love going there. Plus it is SO much more fun with kids and to see Noah's face when he went on Dumbo over, and over, and over again was priceless. It was definitely worth going again. Noah did remembered our last trip there, and he was even more excited on this trip because he knew what to expect. We went on tons of rides, saw lots of parades and fireworks, ate too many treats...it was so much fun. Leah was a good little princess and took good naps, and Noah told us at the end of the night that he was tired and wanted to sleep in Leah's stroller...we were very willing to let him get his rest. Going to Disneyland was a great way to end our trip.

So, sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Oh boy, did Noah have fun at the game! Look at that face!

We didn't tell Noah that we were going to Disneyland until we got on the shuttle to GO there. Now, if we would have told him we wouldn't hear the end of it until we went, so we decided to make it a surprise. Boy, was he surprised. He is literally asking us here, on the shuttle ride TO Disneyland, if we are there yet. Ya, I think it was a good idea to surprise him :).


First ride...the Matterhorn! It was his choice and he went on it twice with each of us. He was SO excited to be there...it was great!
Noah was so good at holding our hands and staying close to us. I was very thankful for that.
I really can't put into words how excited he was...you can just tell by looking at him.
Oh...and Leah was excited too! She was really so good both days that we were there {except when she was tired, but that's to be expected}.
Noah looks like the macho big brother here.
Noah did take a nap while we were there, but he was woken up by the LOUD music at the Pixar parade. Boy, was he a grump for the next hour or so.
Leah enjoying the parade...she didn't know what to think of it.
Noah LOVES Toy Story, so it was no surprise that he wanted to go on the Buzz Lightyear ride. My opinion...boring ride, but the set up was really cool, so it was worth it :).
Leah was beyond thrilled when we took her out of her stroller to walk around. Here she is dancing around...she was that excited to be free from the stroller!
It was pretty hot during the day, but Doug cooled off by going through the misters. Nice.
The Carousel was definitely a favorite.
But Dumbo was THE favorite ride. We seriously went on it over and over again. They definitley need to have two Dumbo rides there...all the kids want to go on it, but it takes forever to get through that line. Noah's happiness made it worth it though, I guess ;).
DAY 2

It's a Small World is one of my favorite rides. It's just so cute!
We did not wait to see any characters on this trip, mostly because the kids didn't want to. This was the only picture that we got with Tigger in the background. It works :).
Us.
This Toy Story ride is SO much better then the other one. I think that Doug liked it more than the kids...we really are kids at heart!
This is my favorite ride! I LOVE it and I insisted that I go on it since I didn't last time that we were there. It really is the best :).
And this is Doug's favorite ride. He could go on the Screamin' rollercoaster over and over again. He loves it that much. I took this right as it was taking off...I love Doug's face.
We finished our last day by watching the Electrical Light Parade...it really is magical and Noah was amazed by it. He just sat there on Doug's shoulders and watched in awe. It was pretty dang cute.
That's it...that's our vacation. It was great to be together as a family and spend each and every day, in and out, together. I love Doug so much and I am so thankful that we were able to take this trip and have him all to ourselves. We miss him so much when he is away at work and school and this trip was well needed for ALL of us. It's nice to be together as a family and go places away from home. But it's always nice to come home and get back in the groove of things. I really will always remember this particular trip...it was wonderful! Until next time :).

3 comments:

Kris said...

So glad you guys had such a great time. We all need to get away from time to time!!!!

Cher said...

so jealous. maybe in a few years we can make it over there.

Julie said...

Sorry I have been slacking on commenting on here lately. But I promise I am still reading your blog!

I was thinking that you guys were in California fairly recently, but I didn't know it was just 5 months ago! You are so lucky!