Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Vacation ~ Santa Cruz

I love the beach...love it! I almost like it more than the mountains {gasp}. I was thrilled that we were able to go the beach at Santa Cruz with the Kelly's. It was such a beautiful beach and we had such a wonderful time, despite Leah's major melt down {she was having a hard day, but we pulled through}. Noah loved playing with the sand and he informed Doug and I afterwards that the "Waves were way too scary for him." I guess that explains why he spent majority of his time playing in the sand. I'll always remember this day...it was a good one!

Noah and Leah started the day off right by tasting the sand...they didn't like it one bit.

Hannah and Georgia found some crabs on the beach. It was funny to watch them jump when it started to move around.
Leah didn't really know what to think about the whole thing. I think that fact that she was a little sick didn't make the beach adventure any better.

Noah stealing my shovel when I was attempting to make a sand castle...how dare he? Don't worry...I got him :). Good times.
Silly boy.
It was an amazing sight to see all of these birds diving in the water.
Look...he stopped to smile for me.
And so did she :).
The girls.
My precious boys. I love them to pieces.

Us.
The Kelly's.
Next up...Disneyland!!!

4 comments:

Zach said...

That's hilarious. You Utahn's are all in shorts and t-shirts, swim suits, etc., and those soft California Kellys are in sweaters and jeans and jackets. Love it!!

suzi said...

Hey Zach, We already got cleaned up for a night of pizza on the town! We had our share of the fifty degree water& tons of waves too,(With swimsuits on too, thanks, Angie for NOT posting them, Love you!)

suzi said...

p.s. Awesome day to remember and awesome photos!!! xo

Erin K said...

Fun times, love the picture of you and Leah, so sweet.