Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Noah is SEVEN

Birthday #2 of the month...Noah turned SEVEN!

Seven years ago, I had just had my first born...
It's crazy how fast the time goes by...man, he was a cute baby!  This is me holding him for the very first time!  One of the most special moments of my life!  Noah made me a mommy, and I can't thank him enough for giving that to me.

Of course, Noah has been looking forward to his birthday for a very long time.  The two things that Noah asked for was a bike, and to go bowling with his friend and cousins.  We tried our best to deliver.

Noah's birthday was on Friday, so he woke up to balloons everywhere and all of us singing to him.  Isaac actually wouldn't stop singing happy birthday to him..."Happy Birthday Noah...cha cha cha"...over and over again.  It was great!  Noah opted to have his birthday breakfast on Saturday when dad was home, so we just loved on him all morning and made him feel super special on his actual birthday.  We got ready super early so that we could run to the store to get donuts for his class.  He was SO excited to take a treat to share.
I really wanted to spend most of the day with Noah on his birthday, so I checked him out of school at lunch!  After Isaac and Kate's nap, we all jumped in the car and headed up to my parent's house.  Noah's other request for his birthday was to go to dinner with just Doug and I.  I really, REALLY, cherish one on one time with my kids, so I was pretty excited for this dinner.  Noah chose to go to The Cheesecake Factory {yum!} and we had such a wonderful time.  Noah was just loving having our full attention, and we kind of liked it too :).  I told the waitress that it was Noah's birthday, and at the end of our meal, she came out with a hot fudge sundae with a candle...and she brought along a group of people to sing to him.  It was great...mostly because he was being so shy ;).  
After dinner, we headed back to my parent's house to have some cupcakes...complete with seven candles :).

Noah knew that he wasn't going to get many presents on his actual birthday, because his bike was going to be there a few days later.  But, when we got home that night, there was a package from my mom...a Swoop Pillow Pet.  He was so excited for this gift ;).

On Saturday morning, we had our traditional birthday breakfast...a big pancake in the shape of a seven.  I think it tastes better that way ;).

Then it was time for his party!  Three of his cousins, and his best buddy in our neighborhood, came over for and we had cupcakes and opened presents.  They were all so thoughtful and Noah just loved having them all there!  

Then it was off to go bowling.  Now, I have to say, that this was so much fun!  The boys had a blast, and I had a blast watching them.  We were all giggling the entire time...it was great.  And it was fun watching them bowl and see the silly positions they would do!  Ha!

What a handsome group of boys :).

After bowling, we gave each of the boys a card so that they could go play some games.  Boy, oh boy, they had a great time!  Noah especially loved playing air hockey.

We sure do like these boys a lot!  They made Noah's little party so special for him :).

And then...the day FINALLY came when we went to get his bike!  Oh man, he was SO excited when we went to pick it up.  His other bike was so small for him, so he was thrilled to have a bike that actually fit him.  This bike has gears, so Doug had to take some time showing him how it worked.  He's still learning, but he sure does love this thing!  He is especially looking forward to this summer and going on some bike trails with his daddy up in the mountains.  
I think it's safe to say that Noah had a fabulous birthday this year.  I try my hardest to make it as special as I can, and can I just say that it just warmed my heart when he came up to me on his birthday and thanked me for making his day special.  This child, he's pretty special, and I love him more than words. Happy Birthday, Noah.  Love you to the moon and back!

0 comments: