Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kate {at 12 months}


This little babe is seriously a ray of sunshine in our home.  We all can't get enough of her.

At 12 months, Kate...

...is still the most amazing sleeper.  I think it's safe to say that she is just as good of a sleeper as Isaac {knock on wood!}.  I just wish that she would sleep anywhere, as she definitely prefers her own bed, which I totally understand.  

...is very choice when it comes to expressing her emotions.  She will be perfectly happy and content, yet she doesn't smile all of the time.  But, when she does want to smile and laugh, it's the BEST!  She loves it when I chase her around the house, and she will just laugh and laugh.  Her little giggle is definitely music to my ears.  I guess I'm still used to Isaac...he would, and still does, smile and laugh all of the time.  It is rather cute when she is sitting there watching us, and when we notice her she will just give us a little smile in the corner of her mouth.  It's good to know that she's happy though :).

...will let you know when she's upset.  When she's mad, she will let you know.  Oh boy!  She can be rather feisty sometimes and will get so upset.  I attribute most of this to the fact that she has been teething this month, because her temper is nothing like this when she's not.  I'm praying for her teeth to come in soon!


...is a great little eater.  She is not at all picky with what we feed her.  She definitely prefers table food, and I don't blame her.  She's having a hard time figuring out how to chew food, but she's figuring it out.

...is 19 pounds an 29 3/4"! She's growing like a weed lately!

...is a bottle baby, just like the others.  My kids LOVE their milk!

...is totally and completely spoiled...I still rock her to sleep for every nap and bedtime.  I love those precious moments...they are the best.  Having a baby fall asleep in my arms is definitely high on my list as one of my most favorite things ever!

...does the cutest thing with her tongue...she'll curl it upward on her lip all of the time.  Sometimes she move it back and forth...it's so funny.  And she cracks up at us when we notice it.

...absolutely LOVES to be outside.  When Leah was her age, she wasn't adventurous at all and hated to sit on the grass.  She'd cry and cry until we picked her up.  Kate is so opposite..she loves the grass and will crawl around on it without a fuss.  She's so curious when she's outside and she loves to roam the yard.  I have to keep a close eye on her though, since she still likes to put anything and everything in her mouth.  The moment I turn my head, she's stuffing dirt in her mouth!

...absolutely loves it when I read to her. Lately, she'll go and grabs book and bring it to me, then crawl in my lap and pat the book with her hand. I love that she loves books already.

...can say "mama", "dada", "baba", "hi", "uh-oh"... She pretty much just babbles all the time. And she has the cutest little voice too :).

...loves music, especially if it had a good beat. She loves to dance too, which is so sweet.

...loves to get into everything. She's already a pro at dumping out all of her toys, or emptying the drawer with all the plates and bowls. And she knows exactly what she's doing! The moment I notice what she's done, she starts giggling and starts crawling away from. I can't help to smile every time.

...still loves tubby time. Definitely her favorite part of the day. She pretty much likes water in general. She always freaks out the moment we put her in. So fun!

She's definitely learning and growing so much lately, and I just love watching her discover the world around her. She's pretty special. I still can't believe that she's one...she'll be 2 before I know it, so I need to remember to really cherish this time with her, just like the others. I'm loving my life right now with my kids. Kate's adds so much to our days...we sure love you, little one :).

0 comments: