Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Leah's in Kindergarten!

My little princess is officially in kindergarden {sniff, sniff}.  Leah has been excited to go back to school, but the unknown of what it was going to be like made her a bit nervous.  

Leah goes to school in the afternoon, so it was nice to relax in the morning and take our time getting ready.  When the time came for me to do her hair, I noticed she was a bit sad.  I looked at her in the mirror and asked if she was OK...then she started to cry.  Heaven help me...this was going to be hard!  I tried my hardest to keep it together, but I just started to cry with her, which I know didn't make things better, but I couldn't help myself!  I was NOT ready for her to go to kindergarten...I was so sad about it!  Well, I took her to my room and we sat and cuddled for a good 10 minutes.  I told her how great she was going to do and how much fun she was going to have...but she was still so sad.  She was as nervous as can be...she was shaking all over and it was hard to calm her down.  Poor thing.  After a while she finally calmed down and I was able to get her ready.  And I put on my happy face...I didn't want to make this harder then it had to be, even though I was so sad inside.  

She was finally good enough to go outside for some pictures.  She was her sweet and sassy little self and I got some darling pics of her...so cute!
And as soon as we finished taking these pictures, she started to cry again!  Then I asked her if she wanted to ride her scooter to school...and that seemed to fix it.  She grabbed her scooter and off we went to school :).
And then we got there, and it all started again.  Poor girl.  I even tried to get a pic of us together, but that didn't really work out.  
But as soon as she started to notice all of the other kids and saw that they were laughing and having fun, she started to cheer up.  When it was time to line up, she walked over all by herself.  I went and gave her a big hug and kiss goodbye, and then she was off to start her first day of kindergarten.  I was pretty exhausted at this point!
And I totally sobbed the whole way home.  If she wouldn't have been so sad, I probably would have been better, but she wasn't.  I was so worried for her...but I knew she was going to do great.

Then the time *finally* came to go get my girl.  She walked out with a smile on her face...it was a successful first day!  Yay!
Plus she has the most amazing teacher!  That always makes things better ;).
And instead of walking home with me, she headed off with Noah and our neighbor friends.  She's officially a big girl now...or so she thinks ;).  I don't have to go and pick her up this year, although I will every so often for my own well being!  
Yes, it was a interesting first day for Leah, but she did it and is now LOVING school!  She can't wait to go in the afternoon and getting ready for school is so smooth.  I'm thankful for my sweet little Leah.  She has grown so much lately and I know that this is going to be a great school year for her. 

0 comments: