Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Noah is in Second Grade

Well, I blinked and summer was over. This was by far the fastest summer so far...I'm assuming that all summers are going to go by at lightning speed from here on out, and I'm not ok with that. All the more reason to cherish every moment!

Noah has been looking forward to going back to school so that he could see all of his friends. Plus he LOVES to learn, so he was excited to go for the main reason for school, which is great ;). Plus what kid doesn't *love* recess!

Even though Noah was excited to go back to school, he was also a bit nervous, which is understandable.  I don't remember not being nervous on the first day of school, so I knew exactly how he felt.  I wanted to try my hardest to make the morning go as smoothly as possible, so we started off the morning with Noah's favorite breakfast, homemade waffles.  That sure made him happy...food is the way to this kids heart ;).  

Then I made his first lunch of the year...oh the joy of school lunch.  Good thing he prefers home lunch to school lunch ;).  He definitely prefers fruits and veggies to other foods.
Then we got ready for the day and headed outside for the obligatory first day of school pictures.  He's such a handsome boy...love him!
Then it was off to school...and I'm thankful that he was OK with me and his little siblings walking him to school.  I think he knew that it was what I needed to make my day go a little better.  And there he goes...
Then I headed home with the little ones.  And the house was SO quiet!  It's crazy how the dynamics of the house changes with the absence of one person.  I don't really like it...but I'll get used to it.  And, yes, I totally cried when we walked in the door.  I miss not having Noah with me 6 hours every day...it's hard to let go!  

I told him to hurry home after school cause I was going to miss him so much and would want to see him.  The kids and I went outside early to wait for him, and I was just as thrilled as could be to see him run home.  And then he tackled me and gave me a huge hug...made my heart swell with happiness!
I make cookies every Monday that the kids are in school, so Noah was, of course, thrilled to come home to a warm and yummy treat!  He told me all about his class and what he had done on his first day.   I'm so happy that he enjoyed it...makes letting go a little easier ;).

1 comments:

Cher said...

cute! i love that he ran home, and i love that you make cookies every monday. i want to do that! ;)