Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Valentine

This is the card that I gave Doug for Valentine's Day...

The inside says....so glad we ran into each other.

Doug and I met working together. What if he hadn't moved up to Salt Lake to go to school and get a job where I was working? What if? BUT, he did, and we ran into each other at work...I will always remember hoping that he would be there whenever I worked because he made my time there so much more enjoyable. It almost didn’t feel like work at all when I was working with him.

I’ll always remember our first Valentine’s Day together, which was about one month after we started dating. That was the first time that I had ever had a Valentine of my own, and I am SO very thankful that he is still my Valentine!

We didn’t have any plans for Valentine’s Day this year, but after a visit from some of our dearest friends, we found ourselves going to dinner with them with the kids in tow. They were so kind to invite us along and we had such a wonderful time! We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, which is now one of my new favorite restaurants! Their yummy rolls with this extra yummy honey-cinnamon butter were the BEST I have ever eaten, and the dinner was fabulous too! Once we got home, we put the kids in their new jammies and then Doug and I cuddled up and watched the All-Star Slam Dunk Contest…those boys are talented!

Thanks, babe, for a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love you!

Ya...I didn't mean to cut of Doug's head...but don't Leah and Noah look cute sporting their new jammies!?!?

4 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

oh yeah, the quality of that picture is amazing!! I did not know you guys met at work, so loved reading about that. Happy [belated] vday!

cherilyn said...

it was fate! you two are really cute together. i like the card. lucy does too, she keeps saying "kiss" and trying to kiss me on the lips when she sees it. :)

Julie said...

Glad you had a good Valentine's. Me and Troy are Valentine's Day scrooges!

Andrea said...

See....Doug came to live with me in SLC and it worked out so great that I was close to REI. Yes! Everything happens for a reason and works out just fine.

I'm so glad you are in our family. Doug married well!!