Thursday, May 24, 2007

IKEA Is Open!!!

I meant to post this yesterday....better late then never!

I said that I was going to go to the grand opening of IKEA, and I did! I was planning on going later in the day, but Noah woke up early so I figured why not just go now. We got to IKEA at 8:30, thirty minutes before it opened. The traffic really wasn’t that bad and I got a prime parking spot right in the front! I put Noah in his stroller and I headed towards the front of the store. The governor was speaking as soon as I got up there.

I figured I better go and get in line, so I headed to the side of the building, then to the back of the building…it was a VERY long line. Once I got in line I made friends with the girls in front of me, which made the time go by a lot faster. The line started to move right at 9:00 and I made it to the front of the store by 9:10! There was loud music playing and here were girls dressed in Swedish dresses (look at the cute girl in front) and the employees had noise makers and were screaming. It was so much fun!!! I got a gift card for $10 for being one of the first ones there! My dad decided to come to enjoy the grand opening with me…he showed up a little bit after me. Here he is coming up the elevator (he is in white).
I was so happy when we started to walk around the store…I was really in IKEA and it was in my home town! IKEA is seriously my favorite store and I am so excited to have in Utah! Dad and I walked around the store for a good hour and we were both overwhelmed with all of the choices in the store. I will admit that it was busy, but that store is so big that it didn’t seem like there were very many people there once everyone spread throughout the entire store.

I let Noah walk around and check out some of the stuff in the store.
Noah had finally had enough and was ready to go home, so my dad offered to take him to his house so that I could do some shopping (he is such a nice Grandpa!). I spent another hour or so just walking around and I chose a few items to purchase…I had to buy something! I bought Noah a train set, rugs for the house, a glass jar for Noah’s cookies, and some other odds and ends. Doug and I are going to go back this weekend and get some furniture.

I am so excited that IKEA is FINALLY here! I “heart” IKEA!!!

1 comments:

Sam said...

Were you trying to print a heart emotion at the end?