Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One year older...

After celebrating a birthday almost every month since January, it was finally my turn :).  It was, of course, a wonderful day indeed.  Mostly because I was able to spend it with the ones who really matter.  I know I get to spend almost every waking moment with my kiddos and hubby, but spending time with them today was extra special :).

I woke up to breakfast in bed!  Noah prepared my favorite cereal, Oh's, and some orange juice.  Such a sweetie!
After an afternoon of relaxing at home, it was off to take Isaac to the doc to get his stitches removed.  He fell last week and cut his chin open!  Yes...he fell...again!  This was a bad one, though.  He got seven stitches for that nasty cut...it wasn't fun at all!  He was a trooper, even though he gave us all a tough time when it came to getting them removed.  Thank goodness that's done!  Here he is all smiles right before the trauma...
Then it was off to my parent's to celebrate...something we do every year.  We got Pei Wei for dinner {yum!} and then opened some gifts.  I got the Harry Potter DVD set from the kiddos, a new lens from Doug, and a new camera from my mommy and daddy!  I was spoiled! 
Then we, of course, had to try out the new camera and lens.  They are awesome!!  I'm seriously so excited about them.  Here are some shots that we took...
People always ask how I get good shots of all the kids looking at the camera...well, it's tricky!  Out of 30+ pictures, usually only one turns out decent.  Here's one outtake...love Kate's excitement, and Isaac's not so excitement ;).  And there are better ones!
And then we ate cake and ice cream...and Kate loved every bite!
Once it got late, we did our annual firework show...it's always fun!  This has been a tradition to do on my birthday since I can remember!  I remember when it was just my mom and I out there lighting them...and now it's me, my mom and dad, hubby, and 4 kiddos!  Good times...good times, indeed!
It was a fabulous day!  I love birthdays, and this one didn't disappoint.  I'm very blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people.  Until next year...

1 comments:

Cher said...

new camera and lens?! cool! :) you look great, love the pics