Friday, August 23, 2013

Itty Bitty Soccer

I have been looking forward to signing Isaac up for Itty Bitty Soccer for a while now.  He had to be three years old to participate, so I was really happy when I saw that it was being offered after his birthday.  He has been looking forward to going all summer...  He was pretty thrilled when the day finally came!

I didn't know what to expect on the first day, but he did so great!  He was listening so well to his teacher...he really wanted to learn!  Isaac is a pretty obedient little boy, and it was so funny to watch him look at the other kids that were running around and not listening.  It confused him to why they weren't doing what they were supposed to do...made me smile.  He also would get a little irritated when the kids would pick up the soccer ball.  He knows that you are NOT supposed to touch the ball, so he would go up the kids and say, "put it down...we're suppose to kick it, NOT touch it"!  He really said that...over and over.  It was hilarious!  
On the second to last day, he was not having much fun.  I think that all of the kids there just overwhelmed him and he did not want to be a part of it.  He opted to sit on my lap most of the time, which was fine.  He didn't want to leave early because he wanted his sucker at the end!  

Due to his behavior on that day, I was a little nervous to how he would act on his last day.  He actually didn't want to go at all, but after talking to him, he told me that he'd go as long as he could wear his new shoes!  We were saving them for school, but I totally caved and let him wear them if it made him happy!  And it did the trick!  He was SO happy the entire time!  He had fun playing two soccer games, duck duck goose, and just playing hard!  
They even had Lenny the Lion come and see the kids, which was a huge hit!  I thought Isaac would be scared, but he totally wasn't...thank goodness ;).
And then he got his Itty Bitty Soccer Certificate.  He has it hanging in his room and talks about it often. I look forward to the many soccer related things that we will have in the future with this little guy.  Soccer runs in his blood...that's for sure!

0 comments: