Thursday, July 10, 2014

When Kate met Ben...

Doug and I made the decision to not take Kate to the hospital to meet Ben and to just wait until we came home.  Kate has been really attached to me lately, and I was a little nervous about her coming to  the hospital to see me, just to be taken away to go home afterwards.  But thank goodness for technology, because I did FaceTime with Kate multiple times and she was able to see Ben that way.  Whenever I talked to her, she was so happy and would talk to him, which was adorable.

Then the moment came for us to come home.  I was honestly SO excited to finally come home and see Kate!  I have NEVER spent a night away from my girl...ever!  So I missed her terribly!  As soon as we came home, I came in and told all of the kids to stay calm for Kate's sake.  After walking in the door, we greeted everyone, and then Doug and I took Kate aside into our bedroom with Ben.  She was so so quiet and just sat on my lap and looked at Ben...all with a smile on her face.  I was so relieved that she wasn't sad or anything like that...she was happy!  Although she was a little confused too.  She didn't say a word the entire time we were with her, which was so unlike her!  
And here's a video of Kate's first meeting with Ben...nose picking and all.  We're just keeping it real :).
Of course, she has now warmed up to having a brother and is the best big sister to Benjamin.  I just know that they are going to be close, and it'll be so great!

0 comments: