Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Noah ~ First Weeks

Doug and I were so happy when we were finally able to bring Noah home from the hospital. I don't remember us being at all nervous to bring him home...we were just so excited to start our new life with Noah! Noah definitely kept us on our toes during his first weeks with us. Since he was such a big baby, he was hungry all of the time...and I mean all of the time. The first month pretty much consisted of making sure that his belly was full at all times! Noah also introduced us to the joys of sleep deprevation! Doug and I are very sound sleepers, so it was a treat for us to wake up every 1 to 2 hours in the middle of the night to feed Noah. It took us a very long time to teach him the difference between night and day...he usually slept all day and was up all night. We were thrilled when he finally slept a four hour stretch at night...what a difference a little extra sleep makes! So, I guess Noah was a typical newborn in terms of keeping his first time parents on their toes. It was so much fun to learn the ropes of parenting with Noah and I am so thankful that he was somewhat patient with Doug and I as we embarked on this new role. I remember Doug saying once we got home from the hospital if Noah came with a manual. Wouldn't that be nice! It was challenging at times, but it was also so much fun. I remember the first bath that we gave Noah and we were so worried that we were doing something wrong because he screamed the entire time! It took us almost 20 minutes to calm him down afterwards, but we just looked at each other and knew that we could get through this, and we did. Noah has never been one to keep his emotions to himself, and we learned this very early on! He seriously has the loudest scream I have every heard! No joke! I never knew that something so small could have such a strong set of lungs! It is just one of the many things that makes Noah, Noah! Doug and I learned so much that first month and we would sit together every night and just stare at Noah in total amazement! He was ours, and words could not express the love that we had for this little gift {and it is the same today!}! Our life would not be complete with out this little miracle!!!

Doug with Noah on our first night home {I love this picture!}
Noah's first bath...he wasn't very happy.



0 comments: