Monday, July 21, 2008

Noah ~ 27 Months

I have been giving so many updates on Leah that I feel I have neglected Noah. So, this post is dedicated to my first born and all of the fun and cute things that he has been up to lately. He is becoming such a unique little guy and I am amazed at how much he has changed, especially during the recent months. Here's a look at some of the things that Noah has been up to...

~ He talks our ears off every minute that he is awake. From the moment that he wakes up, to the moment that he goes to bed, he is talking up a storm. He still mumbles a little bit, but he is getting clearer and clearer every day. Doug and I pretty much understand everything that he says, but he does have his moments that he gets a little frustrated with us because we can't make out what he is trying to tell us. We usually always figure it out, and Noah is so glad once we do! I would share with you all of the words that he says, but that list would be endless, as he is learning new words each and every day.
~ He is very protective of Leah. If she is crying, or just a little fussy, he will come and tell me that the "Baby is sad" or "Baby cry". If I don't respond to his request for me to tend to Leah, then he gets a little put out. Leah's needs are very important to him and he likes it when she is happy and content. I am glad that he feels this way because he doesn't mind at all when I have to feed Leah or tend to her in any way...he is very patient and lets me do what I need to do with her. He is such a GREAT big brother!!!
~ He is very cautious and observant. Noah is not one to just jump into an activity and learn as he goes along. He will usually sit back,evaluate what is going on, and then jump in and take part. I am kind of glad that he is like this because it has probably saved us many major accidents.
~ He loves music and he prefers to listen to music then watch TV. He requests to have the music turned on every day while he is playing and when he goes to sleep. Music is very calming to him. Some of his favorites are Dashboard Confessional, Colbie Collet, The Killers, The Children's Songbook, just to list a few.
~ He LOVES trucks...and I mean he LOVES them! He is constantly asking to go and see the trucks around the corner from where we live, and when we go over there he is completely taken in by them. He always says to me "I want to go see the truck move" or "I want to go see the truck move dirt". Whenever we are driving home, he always asks if we can go and see the trucks, and I always do, or I won't hear the end of it. When we are home, he is always playing with is trucks or reading a truck book...no joke! He seriously LOVES trucks! It's so cute!
~ He loves animals and is always wanting to go and see an animal. My parents have a puppy, Meeka, and if I say their names he immediately responds by "I go see the puppy?". When we do go and see the puppy, he immediately goes and gets a treat for her. I am sure that Meeka loves having Noah around because he gets a load of treats from him. Noah also adores kitties, horsies, birdies, duckies, etc....
~ He has a great sense of humor. He is so dang funny and he loves to make everyone around him smile. His laugh is also so contagious and you can't help but laugh along with him. I love that about him!
~ He is VERY ticklish and I tend to torture him by tickling him! I'll do anything to hear that cute little laugh :). I am sure that he will be getting me back really good when he is bigger then me, since I am probably more ticklish then he is!
~ He is very technical. He loves tools, computers, and pretty much anything that is really complex! He even knows how to work our iPhones...we have some videos on my phone and he knows exactly what to do so that he can watch the video...amazing! I will have to get a video of him doing this to share with you...it is pretty amazing to watch!
~ He is very independent and likes to do everything on his own. He can dress himself, although he gets a little frustrated when he can't pull his shirt over his head. He can also put his shoes on all by himself, which is great! Whenever we try to help him with something, he tells us that he can do it by himself. We just let him try to do things and jump in when he asks us to.
~ He is on the path to becoming potty trained. We purchased our first pair of pull-ups last week {boy, are those things expensive!} and he has been doing pretty well going to the potty on his own. We aren't pushing him at all, so we are just letting him let us know when he is ready, and he seems to be interested so we are trying to teach him the ropes. I seriously can't wait for him to be completely potty trained! It will be great to not have to change two sets of diapers!
~ He is a daddy's boy, and I mean he LOVES his daddy! Every morning he asks me "Daddy home?", to which I sadly reply "No, he is at work today." He deals with it, but he seriously can't wait for Doug to get home to play with him. The moment that Doug walks through the door, he runs over to give him the biggest hug...he really loves Doug to pieces! Doug is definitely the one that Noah goes to when he wants to play rough. He comes to me more for comfort, which I am fine with. I really love the special bond that he and Doug share...it's precious!
~ He is a clean freak, just like his mom! He loves to help me vacuum and dust the house...he is such a great little helper!
~ He loves to read, and I am so thankful for this! He loves to sit in his room with me and have me read to him. He definitely loves his books...especially his truck books! He could read them over and over again and never get sick of them.


Well, there you have it...I could go on and on, but I decided to narrow the list down for your reading pleasure :). Here are some dang cute pictures of my little man. We don't know what we would do without our Noah!

Here's Noah waiting for Doug to wake up from a nap. Notice he is playing with my phone while he waits...so funny!
Noah trying to figure out the hose at Grandma and Grandpa's house. He didn't have much luck.
Playing with his digger truck {I really LOVE this picture}.
Here is Noah hidding from me because I was tickling him. You can almost hear him laughing...so cute!
Noah reading his music book...he loves this book...if only the batteries worked!
Chillin' with his little sis.
Noah helping me dust. I gave him his own little duster so that he doesn't use the real ones.
Noah giggling!
I just love that smile!
Noah loves to play in his kitchen. I think that he could totally be the Next Food Network Star...do you?
Building a lego tower with Daddy and Leah.
Noah loves his trains and he is so good at putting the track together.

6 comments:

cherilyn said...

he is so handsome! i also really like the truck picture. what kind of camera do you have? it looks great.
i can't wait for lucy to talk more, sounds like we're in for even more laughs.

Maria said...

He is a cutie! Thanks for the fun tid bits about Noah!

Sue said...

What a cutie. You are such a sweet mommy Angie!

Julie said...

What a fun post and what great pictures! This is such a good thing to do. I really need to do something like this on my own blog. Right now you think that you will never forget all of the cute, fun things that your kids do, but I'm sure that eventually it will happen. It amazes me everyday how smart 2 year olds are! Dylan (just around the time he turned 2) can take out and put in movies into our DVD player by himself and even puts them back into the right cases.

The Dahle's said...

noah is so cute! i am so glad that you shared and that i got to learn more about him!

ladybug said...

he is really growing up--such a goolooking little man and so inquisitive!!!!!