Thursday, July 24, 2008

Children's Discovery Garden

Today we went to the Thanksgiving Point Children's Discovery Garden for our play date with Milo. We thought that this would be the perfect place to take the boys since they both love to play in the water and there is a little area there with a huge Noah's Ark and fountains. Yeah...you would think that they would dive right into the fun, right? Wrong! They decided to sit on the bench with us and watch the other kids play in the water...what's the fun in that? Seriously! Milo finally gave in and started to play, but not Noah. I practically had to push him in, and once I did, and he realized that it was fun, he was good to go. This goes back to the fact that Noah is very cautious and has to evaluate everything before he takes part in an activity. After a very short time of playing in the water, we decided to take the boys around the rest of the garden...but, of course, as soon as we decided to do this, they decide that they want to actually play in the water...I guess I shouldn't be surprised, right? Anyway, we eventually walked around the grounds, and I must say that it was absolutely beautiful! We didn't go to the actual gardens, but I hope to go there soon! I have heard that they are amazing!!!

Milo and Noah sitting with Christy and watching the other kids play. It's a good thing that they were free to get into the gardens!!!
Noah starting to realize that the water is fun...although you can't really tell from the serious expression on his face!
Boy, these kids know how to be serious!
Noah petting the duckies in the garden. He really does love all animals...even if they aren't real.
Absolutely beautiful! I was really so impressed with the grounds!

3 comments:

Kris said...

It looks like you and Christy and the boys(and Leah of course)had a real fun time. That place looks amazing. The las pic of the grounds is just beautiful.

ladybug said...

CUTE CUTE PICS THEY HAD LOTS OF FUN!!!!!!

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun! I love how serious they were about the whole thing. I really need to get down to Thanksgiving Point myself. I grew up in Lehi, you would think we would go there all the time!