Thursday, February 4, 2010

20 Weeks

Today marks the 20th week of my pregnancy. I'm half way there, but it seems like I have so much farther to go, and in reality, I do. We find out in one week what we are having, and I think that once I know if it is a boy or a girl, things will become more real. I am starting to show...I actually *look* pregnant. It's amazing how your body just gives in by the 3rd baby...I didn't start showing at all with Noah and Leah until was was 23 weeks pregnant! I'm also feeling a bit uncomfortable already, so to think that I have 20 more weeks to deal with the *joys* of pregnancy doesn't thrill me. But, I am looking at the bright side and I know that it is all worth it...all of it! The aches, the pains, the endless trips to the bathroom, the cravings, etc...it really is worth it :). To just think of what we are getting out of this blows my mind. I am beyond excited to meet this little bundle of joy, and to think that it will be here in a little over four months is just crazy. We're so excited!

I'm also so incredibly excited to see how Noah and Leah interact with this new addition to our family. Noah is still a little confused by it all, although he is finally coming to terms with what is happening. I'm sure that Leah will be thrilled to have a baby of her own...she's already a little mommy herself :). It will be interesting how she is around this new one.

I started to feel the baby move for the first time about three weeks ago, and now those little flutters are becoming a more constant occurrence. This past Monday night, I could feel it kicking from the outside, so I had Noah come over and feel it, and he did! As soon as he felt it he looked at me and said "WOW"! So cute!

Check back next Friday to see what we are having. What do you think we are having?? I really have no idea. Part of me feels it's a girl, but this pregnancy is much more similar to Noah, so another part of me feels it's a boy. I'm excited to find out :).

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Can't wait to see if it's PINK or BLUE. I have no feeling one way or the other....so I just say healthy baby. : )

Cher said...

no idea. i'll go with girl.

Halvorsen Family said...

Can't wait to hear! That's so exciting. I got your message the other day, sorry you've been sick. I will call you back, it's been a little crazy around here. Hope you guys are feeling better. My boys have that nasty cough as well, it's horrible. I can't believe you're already 20 weeks along, I bet you look so cute with your tiny belly. I am gonna guess girl! Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.