Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun and Crazy Girl

Leah is so much fun! Our family would not be the same without this little ball of energy!

She speaks so, SO, well and I just love hearing what she has to say next. She uses the word "actually" all of the time, which is just so cute to hear! Whenever it's time to eat she'll say, "Actually, Mom, I'm just not hungry right now." Or, "I actually like *this* instead of *that*."

She is constantly saying "I love you SO much" to me, Doug, Noah, and Isaac. And she's so genuine when she says it...it's very sweet.

She changes her clothes ALL.OF.THE.TIME! At least 6 times per day. It's ridiculous, but that's her thing and she loves to change her look up...every few hours. She has some dress up dresses that she got for Christmas that she is just in love with...especially her Cinderella dress. She actually went to the store the other day wearing it...there was no way that I was going to convince her otherwise, and I wasn't about to go to the store with an upset 2 year old! It was great fun!

She is not the best eater in the world, but at least she'll eat something at every meal. I tell her that her button {meaning her belly button} is hungry and that she has to feed it...she believes me and will eat and say "I need to fill up my button". Ha!

She LOVES Barney! I'm not a huge fan, BUT I can tolerate it. The good thing about Barney, is that she has learned SO many songs! She LOVES to sing and she has ALL of the songs memorized. It's pretty great to watch her sing AND dance along when they sing. It's classic :). Oh, and she thinks that Barney is a GIRL. And don't convince her otherwise. If you ask her why Barney's a girl, she says that "She's purple!". Good point.

She has an attitude. It's a good one too! If you try to get her to do something that she doesn't want to do, watch out! She doesn't neccessarily cry, but, instead, has this "you can't tell me what to do" attitude and she'll scowl and stomp her feet too. She'll even run into her room and shut the room. I laugh every time! She's going to be a great teenager...I can just feel it!

She's a smart cookie...she knows her ABC's, can count to 20, knows her colors and shapes {even a diamond and hexagon}...

She loves music, singing, and dancing. I'm starting her in dance next month...should be fun!

She absolutely loves to talk on the phone and every.single.time that I am on the phone, she will constantly ask who it is and if she can talk to them. Noah was never like this...he still isn't a fan of talking on the phone. Must be a girl thing :).

She does not like to have her picture taken...makes me sad. She runs every time I pull out the camera. Sometimes she will come and tell me to take her picture, and as soon as those words are spoken, I hurry and grab the camera and jump on the opportunity.

If you ask her when is her birthday, she'll say "March 21...I'm going to be THREE!". She is well aware that her birthday is next month...she is constantly reminding me that she wants a pink princess party.

I better enjoy this last month of Leah being 2...I don't want her to turn 3! She's growing up too fast for my liking...

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin K said...

I was accidently signed in with Mike's acct. but i said how cute and fast your kids are growing!

Jessica said...

I am sure she and Kiah could be great friends! They seem to be a lot alike :) She is a cutie!

Kris said...

She is definitly a ball of energy and fun!!