Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ben's Blessing

Ben was blessed at the beginning of October, and it was so wonderful.  Baby blessings are such a wonderful moment in our lives, and I was so looking forward to Ben's.  Mostly because this is our last baby, and I really wanted to take in every moment.  

We woke up super early {we have 9:00 church} and got everyone ready for church.  I woke Benjamin up last and fed him and got him ready in his blessing outfit.  The same outfit that Noah and Isaac wore on their blessing days.  I'll always remember putting it on him and being taken back to when Noah and Isaac were blessed...such a special time in our lives!  

We were so lucky to have Doug's family come to the blessing, as well as some of my family.  When the time came, Doug went up to the front of the congregation, along with Paul, John, Raul, Spencer, and my uncle Mike.  Ben was surrounded by such a great group of men that I know truly love him.  Doug's blessing was so perfect.  It was so sweet and I'll always cherish that moment...the spirit was so strong in my heart and I knew that this babe was sent to our family for our gracious Heavenly Father. I will always try my best to raise him in the way that the Lord wants me to.  I love when the spirit manifests to me the truth of the gospel...I'm so happy to know the truth and know that the gospel really is true.  And I want my children to know this too!  I know that the blessing that Doug gave Ben was so special in that Doug was inspired by Heavenly Father with what he was to say.  Such a special moment!

Once the blessing was over, Doug came and sat down and my Grandma Fowler, who was sitting next to me, grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her and said "You made the right choice!".  I know what she meant when she said that...she meant that I made the right choice when becoming a member of the church.  I am so glad that she reminded me of that.  I, of course, was prompted to bear my testimony, so I went up and shared what my Grandma had just said to me.  And, of course, I was balling my eyes out all the while.  I can't bear my testimony without crying...it's just the way it is.  The spirit overcomes me and I can't help but shed tears of joy.  I'm so thankful that I was able to bear my testimony with so much family there.  To let them know how grateful I am to be a part of this great work and that I know it to be true.  

Ben has blessed our lives immensely in the time that he has been here on earth.  He is a piece of heaven right in our house, and I just love it so much.  We all love him so much!  

It was a great day!  A day that I will always remember! 

My forever family!  Love this family of mine more than words!

0 comments: