Thursday, March 18, 2010

MESSY!

The other night I had the idea of letting the kids play with some pudding. I was thinking of using vanilla, but what's the fun in that?!?! Noah helped me make the chocolate pudding, then we were off to have some fun{?}. I stripped them both down, and I was incredibly amused by the confusion on their faces...they had no idea what tonights activity consisted of. I put some pudding down in front of them and told them to go at it...have FUN! At first they were a bit hesitant, but then the fun began...

Noah just smeared it around with his finger at first...I showed him how he could write letters and then erase them and start over.
Leah went and got a spoon out of the drawer and started eatting it! I don't blame her...it was pretty yummy :).
Then...they figured it out! They started to really start smearing it everywhere and started giggling like crazy!
Then they started to smear it on themselves...it was so funny to watch!
Cute, messy, kids!
And the fun continued...
I was actually surprised at how well they kept the pudding on the table, thank goodness! The clean up was so easy. Cleaning them up, on the other hand, was a bit more work. I put them in the shower and hosed them down for a good 15 minutes! It was definitely worth it and we'll definitely be doing this again soon :).

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh dear! I did this once, only it was with 20+ daycare toddlers... I don't know what I was thinking! I should try it with just two :)

Kris said...

This is what REAL FUN is all about!!! How much fun to play with your food!!!

Julie said...

Oh man! It only took 15 minutes to hose them down? :)