Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dance

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time! I danced when I was little, and I absolutely loved it, so, of course, I was excited to get Leah involved when she was old enough. I really didn't know how Leah was going to act in a dance class, so I was a bit hesitant to go to an actual studio and sign her up for something that she didn't enjoy. Lucky for me, our local rec center has a dance program, and the first class is free! So, I wasn't going lose anything with this set up. She was a bit hesitant when we first walked in, but after I walked her over to the group, she sat down and started to participate. The problem was that she kept calling for me and wanting me to come over with her. My solution was to leave...and it worked! We sat in the hall during her class, and she did great! I guess she doesn't need mom around anymore. I am so proud of her. She did a fabulous job and listened so well to her teacher. She has such a great little memory and had the dance that she learned memorized...I was amazed, to say the least! I'm thinking that we will put her in an actual studio this coming month...I am SO excited! I can NOT wait for her first dance recital! It'll be so, SO cute...I just know it!

Stretching out with her class.
I had to take pictures from the hall...just look at that cute little face!
She looked so darling in her little dance outfit! She loved it too and insisted on wearing in for days afterwards! She's destined to be a little dancer :).

2 comments:

Kris said...

Cutest little dancer I have every seen!

Paul and Shannon's Family said...

She is so cute, how fun! I love the pictures. Sophie is in dance too, and absolutely loves it.