Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Noah's FIVE!

I have officially been a Mom for five years!

My Noah turned FIVE on April 12! Noah has grown SO much over the past five years...it is so crazy to wrap my head around all that he done and accomplished...it's amazing.

We had a fun week celebrating Noah's birthday. Noah has been SO excited to celebrate his special day, so I made sure that we had a great week, full of lots of fun!

On Sunday, we went and had a little pre-birthday dinner at my parent's house. Now, Noah informed me that we needed to make a cake for this dinner, so that was what we did :). Noah even decorated it all by himself!
The Birthday Boy, the morning of his birthday! So sleepy...and so happy!
Noah requested pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Yes, my boy LOVES eggs, especially fried eggs. And being the great eater that he is, he at 3 whole pancakes! Yes, he will definitely eat me out of house and home when he is a teenager!
Once Doug came home from work, we headed to out for a fun evening. After dinner, we went to Boondocks. Now, we really didn't know what to expect there, and all I can say is thank goodness it was Tuesday and everything was half price! The kids had a great time, but they are still little and have a short attention span. We did miniature golfing first, and, to our surprise, it was a big hit. While Noah learned to golf...
...Leah had fun walking around the holes, and Isaac was content watching everything that was going on.
My happy, happy little guy :). Man, I LOVE those big brown eyes!
It was getting a bit chilly by the time we were done playing golf, so it was time to come in and play laser tag and video games. Doug and I each took a turn at playing laser tag with Noah, which was so.much.fun! Noah caught on so fast...he had a blast! Then we let him play games until he just couldn't play anymore. Thankfully, he could play them all for free, which made for one happy mom and dad ;).
After getting home way too late, we opened some gifts. I think that Noah had a wonderful day!
To make this week even MORE fun, we had a Pirate Birthday Party with all of our family and friends. It was a blast. We played Pin the Treasure on the Map...
...Noah got it right on! Doug and I think he was peeking {wink, wink}!
Then we went on a little treasure hunt. Noah was sad that he didn't find the clues {notice him in the back a little sad}. After a little pep talk, he was good to go and found the next one. The clues let to a treasure chest full of bags of candy!
Five little candles on one big cupcake. Yum!
Isaac was such a sweet little guy and loved being held by everyone...just like Leah's party :).
Then we opened some presents, and gave hugs to everyone. OK...I really think it is so cute how all of the little kids love to gather right around when it's time to open presents. They were all so excited to see what Noah got...
Noah has been playing with all of his new goodies ever since. He has a new obsession with Legos and he just can't get enough. Thank you to everyone for all of the fun gifts!
Since it was Spring Break during the week of Noah's birthday, he got to celebrate his special day at preschool the following week. He was thrilled to wear his birthday sticker that entire day!
Whew...that post was a huge undertaking. It was a busy week, but it was so much fun. I'll say it again...I LOVE celebrating my kid's birthdays! Noah, Leah, and Isaac {and Doug too!} mean the world to me and I am so thankful that I am their mom.

0 comments: