Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Isaac ~ 10 Months

Isaac has grown so much this past month. He is learning so much, so fast...it's really is amazing to watch. He is really starting to discover the world around him and figure out how things work, and how to get reactions from people.

Highlights from this past month...

~ He sticks his tongue out all of the time. I love watching him crawl around as he chews on is tongue. I guess does it because he's teething? Who knows...but it's cute!
~ He is so, SO ticklish...just like Noah and Leah. I can't help myself and tickle his cute little legs every time I change his diaper. The giggles that I get out of him are music to my ears. Love it!
~ He absolutely loves playing in Leah's room, and I always catch him in there playing with her toys. My favorite is when I peek in there and see Leah playing with him. She is so soft and sweet with him {most of the time} and he is so content having her near. It's precious.
~ Noah has really started to be protective of Isaac lately. Now that Isaac is mobile, Noah will play the "big brother" role and make sure that he is OK when he goes from here to there. If he gets too close to the stairs, he'll move him and try to distract him so that he doesn't go back. He's a concerned big brother and enjoys watching out for his little bro :).
~ He absolutely loves books and is very content sitting on my lap as I read him a story. As long as it's a colorful board book, he's good to go :).
~ He dances whenever music is playing. It's absolutely adorable to watch him bounce around as he listens to the tunes.
~ He loves his mommy and daddy, as he definitely prefers us to anyone else. He'll usually whine a bit if I hand him over to someone that he doesn't really know. As soon as I take him back, he'll cuddle up to me and put his head on my shoulder. Melts my heart every time.
~ We *still* don't know what color his eyes are going to be. They are now a light grayish/brownish color? I don't know...they change all of the time.
~ One things for sure...he has dark brown hair. It's definitely not getting any lighter. Now, I just have to get the courage to give a trim. I'm not a fan of the first haircut with the babes.
~ He has found his voice and has figured out how to scream. Not necessarily a good thing, but at least it's not as bad as Leah when she was a baby.
~ He is finally starting to gain some good weight. At his 9 month well check, he was only 16 pounds. Two weeks later, he was 18 pounds!
~ The one hard thing that we have had to deal with this month is Isaac's ear infections. When I took him in for his 9 month well check, the doctor told me that he had double ear infections. I was surprised because Isaac didn't show any sign of having any. After being on an antibiotic, I took him in to see the infection was gone. I was pretty confident that it was because Isaac was back to his happy little self. Well...it wasn't, and his ear infections were worse than before! Total shocker! Isaac must have a way good pain tolerance, because I was convinced that they were gone! He is still on the second round of antibiotics, so we'll see what happens. He's been a bit fussy lately, but I hope that they're getting better. Poor little guy :(.

That's all that I can think of for now. He's a keeper...that's for sure ;).










1 comments:

Erin K said...

Look at that face! I can't believe he's almost a year! time flies!