Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baby #4 is a...

We went to have our ultrasound last week to see our sweet little baby. We opted to not take Leah and Isaac with us, as we knew that it would make the experience a little less enjoyable. I can barely keep them still at home, let alone in a tiny room crammed with {what would be} six people! Thank you, Alli, for watching them for us :). We did, however, take Noah with us. He has been very curious and was so excited to see the baby in my tummy. He remembered going when we had Isaac, so of course he was excited to come for this baby.

First, and foremost, from what the doctor could see, the baby is very healthy! That is all I wanted to hear from him. I get so relieved when I go to my appointments and they say that everything is A-OK. It is just so amazing to go to these ultrasounds and be able to see the heart, spine, face, etc... Amazes me every time!

Now...the big question is what are we having? In all honestly, Doug and I would have been happy with whatever it was, but deep down we both thought that having a girl would be ideal. Two boys, two girls. Perfect! Well, it happened, and we're having a GIRL! I'm not going to lie...I totally cried when we found out! My emotions just took over and I got SO excited! I get to have one more girl! Yay! All of those dang cute little girl clothes were going to be used once again, and, yes, I am SO excited about that :). And more than anything, I was just so excited that Leah was going to have a little sister! All along, Leah has said that it was a girl, and she was right :). When we told her the news, she was very excited! To this day, she keeps talking about the fact that she was right and how excited she is to have a little sister! Makes me smile every time! Oh...and Noah is excited too! In fact, when we were driving to the appointment, he told Doug and I that he had a "feeling" that it is a girl baby. So, I guess he was right too! Ha! Plus he's happy about it, which makes me happy :). Heck, we're ALL happy to know what we're having and can NOT wait to meet this little girl in 18 weeks!

So, here are some pictures of our little princess.
Cute little profile.Here's a straight on shot of her face. Cute little foot.And...it's a GIRL!!

6 comments:

Dan and Liz said...

Congrats Angie! You have such a cute family and I'm sure her addition will just make it perfect for you guys :)

Jessica said...

It's amazing how the kids just know, isn't it? Congrats! I am glad she is healthy!

YbsisKaren said...

I could tall for sure it was a girl by those pics. Congrats you 5. You are the cutest family ever. :)

Shannon said...

So exciting, the kids are always right! Congratulations!!

Jodi Nelson said...

Congrats Angie!! So exciting!!

Cher said...

ok, so all this time i thought you hadn't been updating your blog cuz the blogger "reader" post that isn't private still says the last post was 9 months ago! :) so i did some catching up. you still have gorgeous kids, and you're such a cute mommy!
and YAY for a girl!!!!