Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas ~ 2011

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve with my parents. We had a wonderful dinner and then it was time to open the gifts. Boy, oh boy, did the kids have *fun*!! It was a good preview to what was to come on Christmas day :).

Our traditional family picture.

Noah got some Power Rangers toys and a Power Rangers game that he just loves! And...this is apparently Noah's new smile...don't ask.Leah got a sticker book, which she is totally obsessed with, and some tinker bell dress up. She's a classic little girl and totally loves anything pink and girlie!Isaac with his new LeapFrog wand. Isaac was a bit confused about what was going on and it was fun watching him trying to figure out his new toys. Doug had a blast putting all of the toys together for the kids :). It was good practice for the coming day! He also got an iTunes gift card and a hand blender!This past year I found a new hobby...gardening! I LOVE it! So, my mom and dad gave me some new gardening equipment and a gift card to buy some pretty new flowers for the yard! I can hardly wait to use it!!They also gave Doug and I a new wheelbarrow! Oh my...I was so excited to get this! Apparently Noah was just as excited :).We gave my mom and dad some cups that we made for them at Color Me Mine, a calendar with pictuers of the kids, and a big frame with lots of pictures of the kids. I sure hope they like it :).Then we opened up our new jammies and got all ready to head home for the next day! Oh my, were we excited!!!Christmas Day

We had church at 9:00 on Christmas morning. We told the kids that we weren't going to open the gifts until we got home, which was so hard for both them and us! BUT, we did it! As soon as we got home, we ate breakfast, then got down to business! Let the fun begin :).

Noah was so cute and came up to me and asked if they could open their *big* gifts first. Of course we said yes...after all, they had waited long enough :). Here's Noah excited as can be opening his gift...He got an AWESOME remote control car that is so, SO, fast! And, I must add, that Doug likes this car just as much as Noah does! We drew names this year in our family, and Leah drew Noah's name and got him a Cars Color Changing Station. Leah was SO excited to give it to Noah because he has been asking for it for quite some time! She was so cute and kept hugging him when he opened it up. I'm glad that Noah tolerated all of the love from his little sis :).He also got Cars 2 and Mario Bros. for the Wii. Boy, oh boy, was this little guy excited!Leah was thrilled with the Sleeping Beauty socks and necklace that she got in her stocking! Sometimes it's those little things that matter :).Leah has been asking for Princess Barbies for a looooong time! She was one happy little girl when she got seven of them! It seems like she hasn't stopped playing with them since she opened them. She LOVES them!Me and my girl :).Leah got a Hello Kitty from Isaac, which she adores.Now, Isaac was so dang fun to watch this Christmas. The first gift that he opened was his very own teddy bear from Noah. Noah named him Fuzzy and was beyond excited to have Isaac open his gift. Isaac was just as thrilled to get his very own teddy :).Isaac also got a cute little animal train, a Cozy Coupe, and some balls to play with. He was one happy little boy!...and his very own blanket that I made for him. I have made a blanket for all of the kids when they were babies, so it was time that Isaac had his own as well :). I was beyond thrilled with my goodies...a calendar, a purse, gloves, and a nice console table that I have been eyeing forever! I was very excited :).For Doug, I framed ALL three of his diplomas, as well as his tassels. He also got a shaver and some other goodies :). THE BOYS also got yet another remote control car! When Noah opened it up, he looked at Doug with the biggest grin on his face and said "Dad...now we can race eachother!". That was Doug's plan since he loves these things just as much as his boys! All I can say is that these cars have provided hours of entertainment in this house!After we opened up everything, it was time to relax and play, play, play! Leah had a grand time talking to my mom on the phone telling her about all her goodies. This girl LOVES talking on the phone!And these three just sat and played Mario Bros. the rest of the afternoon! Good times!That evening, we went to Doug's sister's house to spend time with Doug's family. I didn't take many pictures, but I can assure you that we had a wonderful time, especially the kids! I was able to snap this picture of Noah and Ryan in their matching jammies...so dang cute!

It was the most wonderful Christmas for us this year! This holiday is so much more fun with kids...seeing their faces when they give and recieve gifts is priceless. We hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas as well! Until next year!

1 comments:

Kris said...

I had one of the funnest Christmas Eve's I have had. Looks like that kids had a real fun day!!