Monday, December 31, 2012

Kate ~ 8 Months

Sweet Baby Kate is 8 months old!  The time is going by a lot faster as of late, so, of course, we are cherishing all these precious little moments just a little bit more :).  At 8 months, Kate...

...is finally sitting up!  We were all SO excited when she finally started to sit up, especially Kate!  It's so nice to sit her down and let her actually sit and play with a toy.  Whenever I would lay her on her back, she would just sob.  I was seriously jumping up and down when she could sit unassisted...yay!
...is so, SO sensitive!  I have never had a baby that cried a lot, or really even a little.  Noah, Leah, and Isaac were all pretty good babies and didn't cry too often...at least not often enough for me to remember!  Well, Kate cries...a LOT!  It kind of drives me nutty sometimes, but I'm getting used to it.  She definitely knows what she likes and she will NOT stop crying until she gets her way!  Sometimes I think that she'll eventually stop, but she doesn't.  Most of the time, her cry is more like a whine, which I guess is a little better.  It's just her way to say "pick me up"!
...loves to be held...all.of.the.time!  She always wants to be in my arms.  Needless to say, my left arm is pretty strong from totting her around :).
...is finally starting to eat solid foods.  We had a rough time with her for a while because whenever we gave her cereal {oatmeal, rice}, she would throw it up.  After talking to the doc, he said to just give her the fruits and veggies sans cereal.  She is doing a lot better now.  They don't know if she is allergic to the grains or not, but for now we're just not going to have them in her diet.  She is getting what she really needs from me, so at least we know she's healthy :).
...is a binky baby!  None of the others liked binkies, but Kate sure loves hers!  I actually don't mind, because sometimes when she's crying, it's the only thing that will calm her down...aside from me holding her!  I'm all over it.
...is still a tiny little thing.  She has been very sick the past few weeks, so I took her to the doc and she weighed 14 lbs 8 oz!  What?!?!?  The doc attributed it to her being sick and not having a big appetite, which makes sense.  Hopefully she starts gaining more soon.
...is not a huge fan of playing with her toys...but she loves to play with the tags on her toys!  Go figure!
...is the most wonderful little sleeper!  She still takes two way long naps every day, and sleeps 12 hours at night!  Love it!
...has really long hair...on the sides :).  We were able to put her hair in little piggies this month...SO CUTE!
...is a HUGE snuggler, and I LOVE it!  I could snuggle with that girl all day.  Makes my heart melt every time she puts her head on my chest :).

We definitely can't imagine our lives without our sweet baby Kate!  We love you little girl...to the moon and back!!

0 comments: