Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kate ~ 10 Months

Kate has grown so much this past month. I'm not ready to have a mobile baby...I guess I have no choice in the matter.  This past month, Kate...

...has grown so much!  She was really sick at her 9 month appointment and only weighed a little over 14 lbs!  I took her in for a weight check 2 weeks later and she had already gained 2 lbs!  As soon as she started to feel better, she started eating like a champ, and the results are so obvious.  I just hope that she doesn't get sick again this winter...she's been through a lot!
...loves to eat!  As stated above, she's growing like a weed and has found great joy in eating.  She can now hold her own bottle, and she loves all kinds of food.  As of now, she is not picky at all...hopefully it stays that way :).
...is a mover.  She still prefers to army crawl, but, dang, she is fast!  We all get a kick of watching her zoom across the floor, especially if she's after something.  She recently discovered how to get up on her hands and knees, and sometimes she'll actually crawl, but not very often.
...likes to get up on her knees when she plays.  I love watching her sit on her little knees and play with her toys.  It's the little things...
...loves music!  She's definitely one of us, as her love for music is already shining through.  I've been watching The Office on Netflix, and whenever the theme song comes on, she goes crazy!  It's hilarious!  She also enjoys listening to anything with a good beat.  Watching her flap her arms and bounce is seriously the cutest thing ever!!
...can clap her hands!  She just learned to do this last week and we all love tell her to "clap your hands" and have her respond immediately.  I think she loves the fact that she is understanding us and doing what we ask.  She also LOVES our response of excitement when she claps!
...is a little giggler.  There was a time when it was SO hard for us to get Kate to laugh, but now it is so easy!  She loves to giggle and laugh, and we love it so much!  We get a crack out of listening to her.  She especially loves it when I tickle her and blow raspberries on her belly.  Her laughter is music to my ears!
...she is so wiggly!  It is so dang hard for me to change her diaper and get her dressed.  It's crazy!  I don't remember my other kids being so wiggly!  She gets so frustrated with me when I have to change her and will try so hard to get away from me.  Sometimes I'll just change her diaper, then let her play for a bit before I put her clothes on cause I don't want to fight her.  Oh boy.
...is definitely a mommy's girl.  And I love it :).  I pretty much hold her whenever she wants...we're pretty attached.
...will let me know when she doesn't want to be around siblings.  I think Noah, Leah, and Isaac are starting to scare her when they play around her.  I don't blame her one bit!  I'd be scared too!  That's probably whey I hold her so much :).
...loves tubby time!  Like kick her legs and arms, and screech with excitement when I undress her love it.  She splashes like crazy the moment that she touches the water.  She's a pro at getting water everywhere!  And, can I just say that I love tubby time just as much...the smell of a freshly clean baby is one of my most favorite things EVER!  Yum!
...loves to play with her toys, and absolutely loves it when I sit and read with her.  She takes after Isaac in the reading department.  Isaac will even sit and look through books with her, which is the cutest thing ever!  She's also very content with playing with her toys.

We sure do love you, precious girl!  Even more than last month :).


0 comments: