Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hogle Zoo

We went to Hogle Zoo today with my cousins and their kids and we had a fabulous time! I was actually quite surprised by Noah's reaction to the animals though. He absolutely LOVES to read his animal books and he pretty much knows all of them, so I thought that he would thoroughly enjoy seeing them in real life. WRONG!!! He was pretty scared when we started to see the animals and he wanted me to hold him the entire time. If I put him down, he would start screaming and beg me to pick him up, which, of course, I did. He finally started to warm up to the animals, but he was still very cautious and wouldn't let me out of his sight. Despite this new found fear, which brought on many screaming fits, we had a great time and I look forward to going back. Noah's favorite part of the day was, of course, the train ride. He is such a boy! Yes, Leah was great the entire time! I love that she is so patient so that I am able to focus on the demanding little two year old!








6 comments:

T and H said...

Love, love, love Noah's hat! It's soo cute! Looks like you guys had fun. Aren't you glad the weather is warmer so you can play outside more?

Andrea said...

Yea! The safari hat works great for zoo outings. Noah looks so grown up.

We'll have to plan another zoo outing with you. We went last week so we won't be due for another visit until maybe the end of the summer.

Maria said...

Looks like a fun day at the zoo! Next time you come up to SLC let us know!! We would love to see ya!

Julie said...

That is funny that the animals 'in real life' scared Noah. Oh, well hopefully you all had fun anyway!

Kris said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. Gald you could get together with the Ariotti clan!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

We sure had a fun time. We're lucky we didn't lose anyone! I'm glad you came. We'll let you know when we get together again. Thanks for sending me the pictures!