Saturday, August 9, 2008

Breaking Dawn

A week ago Friday I went to the Breaking Dawn Premiere Party at Borders with my sweet niece, Elizabeth {who introduced me to these books} and her friend Kara. As you probably already know, I am a HUGE fan {I know I'm not the only one (wink, wink)} and I was not going to miss out on getting the book as soon as it came out...plus this was just a great opportunity to have a fun night out with the girls :). It was a long night, but Elizabeth and Kara were beyond hyper and were having so much fun that it made the night go by pretty fast. My sister-in-law, Steff, and her friend met up with us around midnight to get their books too...see, I'm not the only one :)! We finally got our book around 1:00 AM and I was up until about 5:30 reading...I was planning on staying to read, so I was somewhat prepared for a little sleep deprivation! I finished the book early Monday morning {3:00!!!} and I don't care what anyone else says, but I LOVED it! It was nothing what I expected, and that is what made it so much better! It did drag in a few places, but all in all it was a good read {in my opinion :)}. I guess I am just sad that the anticipation for the book is all over and done with...I guess I will just have to get excited for the movie to come out :).
Elizabeth, Kara, and me
Has anyone else read Breaking Dawn? What did you think!?!?!?

4 comments:

YbsisKaren said...

I saw a lady in the Jiffy Lube the other day reading hers. SHe seemed put out that they didn't take very long on lubing her vehicle. hehehe

Jinii said...

I loved it! Nothing I expected but I don't think you could ever expect what would happen next.

Rachel said...

I'm almost finished with it. I love it so far. I'll let you know when I'm done. What a fun night with the girls!

Julie said...

I didn't get the book until Tuesday, and finished on Saturday. I totally agree. All those nay sayers are not true fans if they are dissappointed.