Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TWILIGHT {Updated}

**I have added what I thought of the movie at the end of this post.**

I saw it...and I LOVED it! Don't worry, I am not going to say anything to spoil it...but I will say that it was SO GOOD and it does not disappoint! My dad got me and my mom some vouchers to go and see the private screening last night! I had to wait in line for 2 1/2 hours to exchange my vouchers for the actual tickets, and by the time they got to me there were ONLY 10 TICKETS LEFT!!! I couldn't believe that I was lucky enough to get tickets to get into the show! All of those people behind me were so disappointed...but I was very happy to get my tickets! Mom and I came back at 7:00 to see the movie, and we both loved it! Edward was all that I hoped that he would be, thank goodness! It was absolutely amazing and I am so excited to go and see it again tomorrow night with my sis-in-law and my niece {I bought these tickets 3 weeks ago}. I am sure that everyone {who is interested in seeing it, that is} will be very happy with it. Let me know what you think when you see it :).
KOSY 106.5 was there taking pictures and they took this one us.
{I stole it off their site, that is why it is so blurry}.

I thought that I would wait a few days to post what I thought about the movie, so don’t read this unless you want to be spoiled. I went into this movie knowing that it wouldn’t match up to the book…the book is so good {in my opinion} and it would take a 6 hour movie to capture everything that is in the book. That said, here is what I thought of the movie…

~ Edward was PERFECT! This Edward was exactly like the Edward that I envisioned in my head…they hit it right on with casting Robert Pattinson for the part.
~ I really liked Bella, as well. Kristen Stewart portrayed Bella perfectly!
~ I was a little disappointed with Jasper and Jacob…they were not at all what I thought those characters were going to be. Maybe they will grow on me in the upcoming movies…we’ll see.
~ My favorite scene was definitely the baseball scene. The special effects made this scene amazing and I could have watched it over and over. I loved watching Jasper juggle the bat around and Emmett being the playful character that he is. It was fun to watch.
~ The scene in the dance studio was great too. The only part that was a little odd to me was when Edward was saving Bella…it was just odd to watch.
~ There were some crucial scenes in the book that weren’t in the movie, and I was a little irritated by that, but, again, that was to be expected.
~ I so wish that the meadow scene was shown in its entirety. I know that what was said in that scene was in the movie, I just wish that it was shown just as it was in the book.
~ I really love the soundtrack for this film. I have been listening to it this past week and I really enjoy it.

I thought that it was so much fun to see this book brought to life. It was announced today that, due to the success of Twilight this weekend, they are going to move forward with the filming of New Moon, and it will hopefully come out at this time next year…very exciting. I am very excited to see how that movie is in comparison to the book…probably more so then Twilight. Until then…

6 comments:

Kris said...

Did we have fun or WHAT!!!!!!!!
It was such a good movie and I had a Great Time with my Little Girl!!!
Love ya!!!

Jodi Nelson said...

how fun is that!! your blog title header is adorable too.

Andrea Griggs said...

That's so fun you and your Mom could go see the private screening together-I'm glad you got the tickets. I am so excited to see it, I'm seeing it a week from tomorrow-yay. I'll let you know what I think.

Maria said...

I can't wait to go!! Glad you got in...that was close!

Kelsi said...

How fun that your mom loves Twilight as much as you! I am so glad to hear that it is a good movie because then maybe Landon will go with me :)

Kris said...

When the next movie comes out can I go with you again. I had a fun, fun time.....................