Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Tree

We have had a real tree every year since we have been married and every year I am beyond frustrated because it always dies by mid-December! I love it, feed it, give it all of the attention that it needs and it just dries up and becomes a big pain to clean up. SO, this year we decided to get a fake tree, and I love it already! Reasons why I love my new tree:

~ I didn't have to go to a lot to pick it out, which means we didn't have to deal with sales people. ~ It was so easy to put up AND the lights were already on it, so I saved a lot of time there!
~ I don't have to water it every day.
~ I KNOW that it is going to look just as pretty in one month as it does today :).
~ I don't have to clean up all of the pine needles every day.
~ I don't have to deal with getting rid of it at the end of December.

Yes, I really think that getting a fake tree is a good idea for us. It doesn't smell as good, but a nice seasonal candle will fix that :).

That said...we set up our Christmas tree this weekend. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, so I wasn't going to waste any time putting up the Christmas decor once Thanksgiving was over. Noah was such a great help and he had so much fun putting the ornaments on the tree with me. Let the holidays begin :).



5 comments:

suzi said...

Your tree looks beautiful. I am getting ours up today! YEAY!!!

Julie said...

Oooo, pretty tree. Looks like our boys had lots of fun 'helping' this year!

cherilyn said...

such cute pictures. we love our fake pre-lit too!

Kris said...

Your tree really did turn out beautifully

Alida said...

Your tree is beautiful.. It looks like you really have a talent for decorating, wish I did... I love your blog...