Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lagoon...It's What Fun Is

I haven't been to Lagoon forever, so we decided to go for Doug's work party this past weekend. We left Leah with my mom and dad for obvious reasons...thanks again, mom and dad, for making our day a little easier ;). Let me just say that Lagoon is exactly the same as it was the last time that I went close to 7 years ago, plus a few extra rides. Thank goodness we had Noah with us because everything was so new to him and he had a grand ol' time going on the kids rides that went around and around, over and over and OVER again. Oh the things that we do for our little ones :). Really, I had so much fun watching the joy on Noah's face as he went on the rides that I, myself, remember going on as a child. I was a little nervous that Noah wouldn't want to ride the rides alone, since Doug and I were TOO big to ride them, but he did, and he enjoyed it! Progress!! Here are some highlights...

Noah attempting to win a prize at the work picnic...he didn't make it, but they were kind enough to give him a toy, thank goodness :).

First ride of the day. He was a little nervous to go by himself, but as soon as he realized that we were watching him, he was OK. I think that he felt a little special knowing that he got to go on all these rides and Doug and I weren't able to.
Taking a drive through the flower fields...
Noah was beyond thrilled when he saw that there was a Dumbo ride. Now, remember how Dumbo was his favorite ride at Disneyland? Boy oh boy was he excited!

Us on the train ride...choo choo!
Doug thought that I was crazy to take Noah on this ride, but he wanted to go on it and I wasn't going to deny him the opportunity to go on the ride that goes around SO fast that you are literally thrown with full force to the end of your seat. By the way...he LOVED it! He was laughing the entire time, and so was I!
Doug and I went on the crazy new ride called Wicked...and it as TOTALLY WICKED! I can't believe that I was lucky enough to get this shot of Doug after he went through the crazy cork screw {he's in the back/left}. Thank goodness for the single rider line because the line for this sucker was a good hour!
And then it was back to the kiddie rides, and Noah had so much fun. He was even kind enough to show the kid behind him how the controls work...he's such a cute little guy!
Strike a pose...
Here's Noah waiting for the ride to start. They weren't very fast at starting the rides...even Noah was aware of this. I guess we're used to the fast lines at Disneyland and the crowd of workers that make the rides start fast...Lagoon definitely needs to work on this. BUT, we were patient, and we still had fun :).

1 comments:

Julie said...

FUN!!! I love that picture of you and Noah on the ride together. Is the guy in front of you seriously on his cell phone?