Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kennecott Copper Mine

Doug has been wanting to go to Kennecott Copper Mine for quite some time, so we were thrilled when heard that they were allowing visitors for free for one week. I had been there when I was a kid, and I remember it being one of the greatest field trips that I went on. Doug had never been before, so this was a first for the children and him.

It was amazing to see the mine in person...it is HUGE!!! I mean, my heart started to race when I first looked over the railing to see it...it's an amazing sight! Noah was in awe as he watched the trucks at work...this boy LOVES trucks, so this was definitely the outing for him! Leah had fun running around, and I had fun making sure she didn't get too far away from me! Keeping that little one safe was definitely my first priority on this trip! One of the highlights for us was seeing this gigantic tire that is the actual size of the tires on the massive trucks that are used in the mine...they are SO incredibly big that it's hard to imagine how big the trucks actually are in person. Amazing, I tell you!

The trucks working in the mine...
Noah and Leah standing in front of the MASSIVE tire...seriously, it's HUGE!
Noah watching the trucks at work.

Leah *trying* to look at the trucks...
...there you go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went that same week as well. :) I had not been there since I was little as well. I remember back then we could stand inside the HUGE tire. So much fun!

Halvorsen Family said...

I haven't been there since Elementary. I bet you guys had a blast. Hope all is well, and Issac is so cute. Keep in touch.

Jennifer Brailsford said...

John is jealous you got to go. That is one place he has never been to and would love to go. I think he has made it a resolution to take Mollie to it in the future.