Monday, November 29, 2010

The Dentist {Leah}

Today was Leah's very first visit to the dentist. I had an appointment for Noah, and I thought, why not just take Leah too! So, that's what I did, and I was VERY nervous to how Leah was going to act. I didn't think that she would be "bad", but I was just so unsure to how she was really going to react when other people were looking in her mouth...you just never know with Leah.

I think that having Noah there with as well made her feel more comfortable. She was able to watch Noah do everything, and, by the way, Noah did SO well! I am so, SO, proud of him and how well behaved he was today at the dentist...he is really growing up so fast and is starting to act older. Love it!

Anyway, Leah didn't want to get an x-ray, which was fine, and she was a bit hesitant to lay down in the chair...but she did it. The thing with Leah is that she really is totally fine with doing something new, she just has to act like a little stinker...JUST TO ACT LIKE IT! Just to get a reaction! I tell you...that girl...oh boy! So, after being all hesitant, she finally sat there and watched the Princess movie while they cleaned her teeth and counted them to make sure they were all there :). Afterwards, she got a bracelet, which made everything worth it for her! She was as happy as can be to be sporting a darling little bracelet. I'm proud of her...she surprised me, like she always does :).

So...the results for Leah are:
~ NO CAVITITES! Woot, woot!
~ She has very pretty and white and shiny teeth! Woot, woot!!
~ And the downside...her teeth are just as jammed together as Noah's, so she is definitely going to have to have braces someday. She can thank Doug and I later for that one. We all saw it coming!

Leah watching the movie while they cleaned her teeth. **Thank goodness** they have movies for the kids to watch at the dentist...I wish they had stuff like that when I was a kid!!
Check out those pearly whites! Love that smile!
And...check out her new bracelet...I'm pretty sure she'll be wearing it every day {until she looses it!}.
I can't forget about my Noah. It seems like just yesterday that I was taking him for his first visit to the dentist {see here}. He did SO well today and no cavitites for him either! WOOT WOOT!!!

1 comments:

Russ, Bre & Steadman said...

They did do such a great job!!!! It was so good to see you there today. Hope we can get together soon and play.