Monday, March 28, 2011

Leah's Quilt

I have been working on this quilt for a quite a while. It's definitely hard to find time to get projects done around here now a days, but I managed to get it all done!

I had a very specific idea for this quilt, and I couldn't find anything with the colors that I wanted...that's when I decided to just make it myself! I really wanted to do Leah's room in a soft pink and a light turquoise...I really think these colors compliment one another so well! So, the hunt for the fabric began, and luckily I found this series of fabric pretty quickly...thank goodness! I wasn't going to settle for just anything, so I'm glad I found what I wanted early on. Now, this was the first patch quilt that I have ever done, so I had to talk to some people on how to sew it right...I really didn't want to mess it up! My good friend, Danielle, made some quilts for her kids that I just loved, and that's where I came up with the idea for the design. She totally helped me out with measuring everything out. Once everything was sewn together, which seemed like forever {I pretty much put the quilt on hold once Isaac was born and waited until Isaac was like 4 months old to finally finish it!}, I had to get it quilted. Danielle was so awesome and did the quilting for me and she did a FABULOUS job! She really is so talented!! Then it took me another 2 weeks to do the binding! So...after 9 months of work, Leah's quilt is finally done! I am beyond thrilled with how it turned out! I was actually a little nervous to put it on Leah's bed because of all the work that I put into it...I'm not going to lie...I was a little nervous about Leah spilling somehting on it, or ruining it in some way. After a little talk with Leah {wink}, she *promised* that she would take care of the quilt that I made for her. Now I just need to get everything else in her room done! Oh, the joy of decorating...but it really is so much fun!

Leah put Kitty on top of the quilt when I was taking pictures...I mean, it's practically Kitty's quilt as much as it is Leah's...right? :)

1 comments:

Kris said...

Please teach me how to be creative!!!!!