Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Noah {Right Now}

My precious boy is growing up before our eyes...and fast! Too fast. I know, I KNOW, that I say that often, but I am honestly amazed at how quickly these kids learn and grow. It amazes me every day! Truly, it does. As of now, my Noah...

...is becoming such a handsome BIG boy! My little boy is long gone.

...absolutely loves learning and is constanly asking questions about everything! I love his thirst for learning.

...is incredibely indecisive and is always asking for my approval on his decisions. He definitely got this from me. I think that I have become more confident in my decisions after seeing Noah question his so much...now I just need to work on making Noah more confident.

...is such a boy! He doesn't care one bit about getting dirty, eats as fast as he can so that he can hurry back outside to play before the sun goes down, gets hurt often {yet stopping to get a band aid for a cut on his head is just too much of a hassle for him...that's why he has a momma that looks out for him and forces him in to relax...and get a band aid ;) }....absolutely LOVES playing in the sandbox at my parent's house. Over the course of the summer, Noah has been begging, and begging, and BEGGING for us to get him his own sandbox at home. Well, Doug and I gave in and I bought one for $10 on KSL. All I can say is that I haven't seen Noah that happy ever. Over a sandbox! I, on the other hand, have a love/hate with our new toy....LOVE that my kids love it and HATE the mess that it makes! Seriously...such a pain in the you know what to clean up all the sand! We'll see who wins this battle... ...is an absolutley wonderful big brother to Leah and Isaac. I think that the relationship between Noah and Leah will always have a little tough love mixed in. They are constantly laughing and giggling with one another one second, then the next they are getting on each others nerves and someone is crying/whinning. It's always an adventure. BUT, Noah is getting to the point where he doesn't want to deal with the crying/whinning from Leah, so he is learning to negotiate with the 3 year old {which is NOT an easy thing to do} so that everyone is happy. I admire him for his efforts :). Now, the relationship that he has with Isaac is beyond precious. He is constantly loving on him and telling me "Isaac is the cutest baby ever!". Now that Isaac has an interest in trucks and trains, I see the bond between them growing more each day. I look forward to see them become best buddies. ...loves spending his time outside, and is constantly asking to go outside and play. He has made the most wonderful friends in our neighborhood and he looks forward to spending time with them every day. I'm so thankful for the friendships that he has made here! He also LOVES riding his bike around...of course he has to have his light saber with him just in case :)....is super lazy during the morning hours. He's always been this way...he got this from me too! He so lazy, in fact, that he will let Leah cuddle up to him on the couch while they watch their morning shows. So cute!...has come to love Star Wars, especially the Wii game, Lego Star Wars. He's always asking me to help him out, but I just don't get it. He usually figures out everything that he needs to...smart boy.

...will occasionally take naps! We have a family rule that everyone takes a nap on Sunday, and he's always willing to do so. I love him for it too!

...is becoming incredibly independent, as of late. One morning he decided to pour his own cereal because he knew that he could...and he's been doing it ever since. I always offer to help him, but he always insists on doing it himself. ...is very, very, imaginative and is always coming up with new and creative things to do at home. His latest thing was to make a slide on the stairs with the blanket...I guess sometimes you just need to let boys be boys. Thankfully no one got hurt!...is a lover of games. We have played UNO more times then I can count this summer. When he asks me to sit down to play, I have to remind myself that it is going to take a good 30 minutes or more. We always have to play "one more game", which always turns into 5 more games. The fun part about it is we've taught Leah to play too...makes it more fun with three players. ...still likes tubby time. He's a little more creative and loves to take them in our tub so that he can add bubbles...then turn on the jets so that they get really big. I think this is the last tubby picture of him that I'm going to be able to get away with posting on here ;).

...he is very, very, manipulative. Drives me nutty sometimes, but it's just the way he is. He is also very sensitive, especially when he doesn't get his way. So...these two things don't go very well together with Noah.

...is an absolutely wonderful helper and he loves working as a team. He always clears his dishes, he makes his bed every morning {after a little reminder}, he loves to help me vacuum the house, just to name a few. He also loves helping me water the plants outside...he's sometimes the one that reminds me that it needs to be done. Our life wouldn't be the same without our Noah.

0 comments: