Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Isaac ~ 2 1/2 Years

Isaac is 2 1/2 years old, and he really is such an amazing little boy!  He is so different when compared to Noah and Leah at this age, and it's definitely worth documenting his precious little personality.  Isaac is *such* a joy and I do not ever want to forget how he is now...


~ He is such a great little talker.  I am amazed at how well he speaks!  It was just one year ago that Isaac was saying his first words, and now he is speaking in complete sentences with words that, I think, are way too advanced for a 2 year old.  He uses words like except, unless, though, etc...  It really is so cute to hear him use these words, and properly!  He also loves to explain things to us in great detail.  He loves to go up to Doug when he walks in the door, and tell him all that he did that day.  He does not need any help in speaking to him, and Doug understands everything that he says.  I am so glad that he can communicate with us so well...it definitely makes things a little easier around here :).
~ He is still totally and completely obsessed with anything related to sports.  He loves to shoot hoops, kick the soccer ball around, throw his football with Doug, etc...  And, the thing is, is that he's good!  I already look forward to him playing sports with other kids!
~ He is incredibly obedient.  He is great at following any directions that I give him, all with a smile on his face!  He is especially obedient when I am putting Kate down for a nap.  If I ask him to sit an play quietly while I put Kate down, he'll do it...no questions asked.  I'm very thankful for this great trait in Isaac.
~ He is incredibly easy to reason with.  He is definitely a classic 2 year old and can throw some crazy tantrums.  But, the thing with Isaac is that when he's throwing these tantrums, I can get down on his level and really talk to him about it, and he, in turn, wants to talk to me.  As soon as I start talking to him, he calms down and is totally open to finding a solution to his problem.  It's awesome!
~ He is an amazing sleeper...sleeps great at night and takes such great naps during the day.  He is also so good about going down for naps/bed.  
~ He loves to play, and he'll play with pretty much anything!  He is also so good at playing by himself, which is so nice.  I, also, have so much fun playing with him...he has such a wonderful little imagination.  He loves to pretend that he's talking to people on the phone and have these lengthy conversations...it's adorable to listen to him "talk" to Shea, or Grandma.  Love it!  He's also a good little sport and will let Leah dress him up in her dresses...cracks me up!
~ He is SO funny and has a great sense of humor.  He loves to make us smile, and will go to great lengths to do so.  Oh, the things that this kid comes up with...I always look forward to what he will do next.  Especially when it involves running around in a dress and singing Christmas songs {in January}. I need to get a video to share!
~ He is almost completely potty trained!  Yay!  I honestly can't remember when he last had an accident.    He is completely trained at home, and I am able to take him out and about without a pull-up.  He is great at letting me know when he has to go, which is so nice.  Now I just need him to sleep through the night and stay dry.  He's actually had a few nights when he has woken up dry, but it's not very consistent.  We're working on it...baby steps :).
~ He's not a very picky eater, but he doesn't like to eat a lot at his meals.  I've noticed that he likes to snack a lot during the day, so I'm trying to limit his snacking so he will eat better at his big meals.  He also LOVES milk, especially chocolate milk.  He takes after his daddy and prefers it over any other treat.  
~ He is such a curious little guy.  Every morning, he asks me what we're doing that day.  He's always is asking me if we're going somewhere, and he gets very excited if it's somewhere he really wants to go...like a cousin's house.  He also is constantly asking where people are during the day...you would think he would realize that Doug is at work every day, and Noah is at school, but I guess he doesn't, cause he's always asking where they are.
~ He is such a great little helper and is always wanting to help when I am cleaning up.  I don't mind one bit!
~ He absolutely loves to read, which is something that I am very thankful for.  With Noah learning to read, I have him read to Isaac often, and he just loves it!  It's so sweet to watch them together.
~ He loves watching listening to music, just like the rest of us.  He also likes to dance around, which is the most darling thing ever!
~ He is such a great brother to Noah, Leah, and Kate.  He loves to spend time with each of them and loves to laugh and have fun.  He is especially great with Leah...those two just get each other and love spending time together.  He also plays well with Noah, especially when it involves playing sports.  He is also so precious with Kate and is so gentle with her...I can already tell that they will get along very well.
~ He is such a lovable little guy.  He is always showering us with hugs and kisses, and each one is straight from his heart.  We sure do love him too...he is quite the amazing little boy :).

Here's some sweet pics of Isaac from the past few months...we sure do love this little guy.  To the moon and back!

2 comments:

Kris said...

He is an amazing little man!! Love him so!

Cher said...

what a sweetheart. i don't think i've ever even met him! :)
love the undies picture. i have a few like that too.