Monday, November 10, 2014

Award of Merit

Leah was very keen on the idea of entering the Reflections contest this year. The theme was "The world would be a better place if...".  When I asked Leah what she thought of the theme, she told me that she wanted to draw a picture about everyone loving one another. She drew a lovely picture and was so eager to enter it.

Last week I received an email from the PTA telling me that Leah would be receiving an "Award of Merit" trophy for her entry. I was also told not to tell her about this so that it would be a surprise at the assembly. Today was the day and Leah was so thrilled when she saw me in the audience. When they called her name, she had the biggest grin on her face. She walked through the crowd and went up on stage to receive her trophy. She was so happy...it was just precious for me to see her up there so happy. Doug and and I are definitely so proud of our girl. So proud :).

1 comments:

Cher said...

awesome. love the picture and that she got an award. so sweet.