Friday, November 7, 2014

Ben ~ 4 months

I really can't believe that our baby is 4 months old.  We can't enough of Benny!  All of the children gravitate towards him whenever he is around, and I just love it so much!  I know that Noah, Leah, and Isaac are really going to remember having a baby around, which is so great!  I want them to remember and cherish these moments!

At 4 months, Ben...

...is so so strong.  He has the strongest neck muscles of any of my babes.  He always has his head up and looking around when he is on our shoulder or on his belly.  It's so cute to watch.

...is so observant and is so interested in everything that is going on around him.  Good thing he has good neck muscles to look around, because he always wants to know what we are all doing.  And I love that he will focus on one thing and you can see in his eyes how interested he is.

...is still such a great little sleeper.  Takes great naps and sleep through the night, but there are those occasional nights that he does wake up.  At least it's not all of the time!

...is a good sleeper, but it's really hard to get him to go to sleep sometimes.  He seems to be a pretty light sleeper, so I'm always telling the other kids to be really quiet when Ben's asleep.  There are times when it takes Doug and I a good hour to get him to sleep.  But once he's out, he's out!

...spits up all of the time...still!  I'm amazed at how many burp clothes I go through on a daily basis.  My laundry has seriously doubled because of this!  Ben and I both change our clothes a few times every day because he always spits up all over us.  Oh the joy!

...cries every time that we put him in his carseat.  I'm totally ready for him to  grow out of this, but I think it'll be a while.

...has started holding on to toys and really enjoys shaking them around and playing with them.  It's so great to watch him focus so hard on the toy that he has in his hands.  This is definitely a fun milestone for him...and me too :).

...is wearing 6-9 month clothes now.  He is my little string bean...long and skinny.

...loves to stand up whenever we are holding him.  I just started to put him in the Exersaucer and he just loves standing and playing with the toys.  I'm not ready for this milestone...he's just growing up way too fast.

...does not like to be left alone.  He cries the moment that I leave the room, and then is as happy as can be the moment that I walk back in.  He definitely prefers to have someone with him all of the time.  He's so spoiled!

...prefers if we stand with him when he is in our arms.  There are times that he'll let us sit with him, but he loves to stand up!  Sometimes I wonder why babies love to have us stand with them instead of sit down...sitting is just so much easier ;).

...loves to suck on his two fingers when he is relaxing or going to sleep.  And he makes the cutest little sucking sound when he does it...so cute.

...will not take a binky...at all!  Sometimes I wish that he would, but no...he spits it out the moment that I put it in his mouth.

...loves to snuggle...and we all love it too!

...is still completely adored and loved by the other children.  They are known to fight over who gets to hold Ben next...I think that they know that he is growing up fast and won't be able to be held for too much longer.

Word can't express our love for Ben...he is such a blessing in our home!  We love him more and more every day and is the perfect fit in our family!  Love you sweet little babe :).

0 comments: