Friday, June 15, 2007

Cafe Rio Pork and Creamy Tomitillo Dressing

I found this recipe today and I had to share it with everyone. I LOVE Cafe Rio...ok...I LOVE, LOVE, etc... Cafe Rio! It is by far one of our favorite restaurants to go to. Doug and I especially like their pork, so here is the "mock-up" recipe that I found. I haven't tried this yet, but I plan on making it this coming week. I will let you know how it is once I make it.

Here is the recipe:

3-4 lbs pork roast (can substitute chicken)
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups salsa

Mix above ingredients in a crock pot and let cook for 10 hours on low.

Dressing:
1 packet of buttermilk ranch dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
Cilantro (1-2 bunches to taste)
1/2 cup salsa verde
Jalepeno pepper (use a little at first and determine level of spice you want)
2 medium cloves of garlic

Put all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.

Trimmings for the Salad:
- Tortillas- Black/Pinto beans- Guacamole- salsa- Rice (Use spanish rice with pinto beans)- Cheese- Sour cream- Tortilla strips (or crumbled chips).

To assemble:
Heat a tortilla with cheese in a skillet on the stove. Then move to a bowl or plate. Add rice, pork, lettuce, tortilla strips, sour cream, guacamole, and any other above trimmings listed.

1 comments:

cherilyn said...

Mmmm! The pork salad is my FAVORITE at Cafe Rio too. Man Angie, we have A LOT in common! :)