Friday, June 15, 2007

Top 10 Things That I LOVE About Summer (this year)

1. My Birthday!!! (If I need to remind anyone, it is on July 3rd!!).
2. The Fourth of July! Doug's family LOVES the 4th of July and it has become a tradition in the family for everyone to go to the Parade in Provo, then to their cousin Ingrid's house for watermelon (they have a party that lasts all day long!!), then we go to The Brick Oven for lunch (yum!!), then we all get together later on that day at Doug's parent's house for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks. Paul and Karin's house is right across the street from where the fireworks are set off. It is such a fun day!!!
3. Swimming. Oh…I love swimming! Always have! The pool in the community where we live is supposed to be done this month, so Noah and I will be spending a lot of time there. If anyone wants to come with us, let me know J.
4. BBQs. Mmmmmm…. What more is there to say?!?!?
5. Snow Shacks (Red Raspberry, to be specific)! Mmmmmmm… What more is there to say?!?!?
6. Going to the Fowler Cabin. I don't go to the cabin as much as I want to anymore, but this is one of my favorite childhood memories. My Mom and Dad used to own some property in Cache County and they built a small "cabin", we called it "The Shed", on it. We used to go up there almost every weekend during the summer, and it was so much fun! My Grandma Fowler's cabin was just below the property, so it was fun to have family there and be able to go hiking, exploring, four-wheeling, and just play!
7. Warm, or HOT, weather. I don't care what anyone says; I HATE when it is cold! In my opinion, the only good thing about winter is skiing…that’s it! I like to be outside an enjoy myself instead of freezing!
8. So You Think You Can Dance! The best show on TV during the summer. If you aren't watching it already, I highly recommend that you do! I LOVE watching this show. It is on Fox on Wednesday and Thursday nights!
9. Sandals! I think that wearing sandals 24/7, or no shoes at all for that matter, is the greatest! This is definitely one of my top reasons for loving summer!
10. Evening Walks. I love to go on a nice walk after the sun has gone down and it is quiet and mellow outside.

4 comments:

Zach said...

Your 4th of July plans sound great! Mind if we tag along (for at least some of it)? Of course we'll be at the parade and watermelon bash (after running the Freedom Run that morning)... but lunch at Brick Oven and a great seat for fireworks sounds just awesome! :)

Kris said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????????
July 3rd huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherilyn said...

I totally agree, I love wearing no shoes. In the summer I'm always either in flip-flops or barefoot.

suzi said...

Angie,
I couldn't agree more. Good blogging!!!