Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year. I was especially excited for Noah because he somewhat understood the fact that he was going to get some new toys and he knew exactly what he wanted...a Fire Truck {aka...a "woo-woo}. He was beyond thrilled when opened he presents and found that he had got what he wanted. Leah could have cared less about her toys, as she had more fun playing with the wrapping paper.

After a fun morning of flooding our living room with lot of new toys, we headed off to Doug's sister's house for brunch...it was fabulous! Noah had so much fun playing with his cousins, as usual, and we had a blast relaxing and enjoying the company of our dear family. Once we got home, we put the kids down for a nap, and Doug and I spend the afternoon playing Guitar Hero {our fun gift this year}...it's seriously SO MUCH FUN!

Once the kiddos awoke, we packed up and went to my parent's house. My mom and dad showered the kids with lots of goodies, and Doug and I got some fun stuff too! Noah loves Little Einsteins, and my mom and dad gave him a motorized Rocket for Christmas...he couldn't put it down. Leah got a fun Leap Frog Play Table, a Tinkerbell Doll, and some other fun stuff. Doug got a Russian book, I got a beautiful charm bracelet, and we both got a camera!!! I was ectatic! I have been borrowing my parent's camera, but now I have one that I don't have to give back. Yay!

There was a massive snowstorm starting when we were leaving my parent's, but we decided to take a chance and packed everyone and everything in the car and headed home. It took us almost two hours to get home, but we made it safe and sound.

Today, we got together with Doug's family to celebrate Christmas and my niece, Maya's, birthday. We had a great time eating, breaking the pinata {a Smith family tradition}, opening gifts, playing games, etc... It was a wonderful evening!

We hope that everyone had a fabulous Christmas...now go and enjoy all of your Christmas goodies :).

I took SO many pictures, so here some of my favorites as well a slide show. Enjoy!


5 comments:

Kris said...

It was sure a fun Christmas. Noah was a lot a fun this year. Leah was an absolute doll and you and Doug were the funnest of fun to be around. Love you all!!!

cherilyn said...

yes! new camera, is it the same kind you've been borrowing?

Sue said...

Merry Christmas Smith family!! We are glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Love those little cute faces!

Maria said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas!! Glad everyone had fun!

Julie said...

What a great Christmas you had. You were very brave to be out and about that night! Glad you got home okay.