Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Leah ~ 10 months

Leah is 10 months old today. She is growing and learning faster than I ever imagined possible. She is such a delightful baby and we are thankful every day that she is ours! I didn't post a 9 month update because not much happened during that month, so here is a little update on what she has been up to the past 2 months...

~ She has two cute little teeth on the bottom. Leah was incredibly grumpy when her teeth were coming in. She hardly ever smiled and she kept her mouth shut majority of the time. The only reason she opened her mouth was to eat and cry. She didn't drool at all when her teeth were coming in, probably due to the fact that she never opened her mouth! Once those dang teeth popped up, she was back to her normal happy self and was back to showering us with her glorious little smile :). It melts my heart when she smiles and shows her cute little teeth...it's so cute!
~ She pulls herself up on everything and she is starting to get really steady on her feet. I am very cautious and try to be with her whenever she pulls herself up on the furniture because I really don't want to have any casualties {you know...having her fall and smack her face right into the furniture or some sharp or hard object.}. Whenever I go and get her out of bed in the morning, she is standing in her crib with the biggest little grin on her face.
~ She's
crawling! Ready or not, here she comes!
~ She loves Cheerios and puffs {aka. Gerber Stars}. She just loves sitting in her high chair and popping them in her mouth one by one. She's very coordinated and hardly ever drops them! Well done Leah!
~ Her new favorite time of day is tubby time...WITH Noah! Oh, how she loves splashing around and laughing in the tub with her big bro. It's a sight to see!
~ She is a wonderful little sleeper...thank goodness!
~ She is at the stage where she can sit and play with a toy for a good amount of time {15 minutes or so} and be completely entertained, which is wonderful for me ;). Before, every time that I put her down she would just cry for me to hold her. Now she enjoys discovering all of the toys that we have for her and she especially loves to do this with Noah. Noah is more than willing to play with Leah...I am so grateful for the wonderful brother that he is to Leah, and so is she :).


I could go on and on, as she is learning and doing new things every day, but I'll just stop here. Until next month, here are some pictures of our little Leah...

She absolutely adores her daddy. I don't blame her...he's pretty awesome!
Looking cute in Noah's hat.
Bed head!
Leah's cousin, Georgia, gave Leah this cute little doll for Christmas. She loves to put the bottle up to the doll's mouth.
"A little for you..."
"...and a little for me!"
I love her rosy cheeks when she wakes up.
I love her tiny features...she's a beauty!
Simply precious!
Standing up in her crib.

1 comments:

Grandma said...

I can't believe how FAST she is growing up What a DOLL!!!!!