Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Little Date

We don't watch a lot of TV around here with Noah, but there is one thing that he loves, and that's watching the Disney channel in the morning. So, being the fun mom that I am, I took Noah to see this today...
Yes, I took Noah on a little date this afternoon, and we had SO MUCH FUN!! Just me and Noah. To me, this was a little reminder of how our world was before Leah came along. Just me and him during the week. Today, he just kept close to me the entire time...held my hand while we walked there, sat on my lap and put his head against my chest during the show...it was simply sweet!

He had never been to anything like this, so I didn't know what to expect from him, but I had nothing to worry about because he was so good. He was familiar with all of the characters, so he would get so excited when they would all come out to sing and dance. Just seeing the excitement on his face made this little date all worth it {Even though it cost an arm and a leg to go to one of these...seriously...they make a killing off of these shows! The place was packed! Again...it was worth it :)}.

Yes, I totally gave in and bought Noah a souvenir. This little Handy Manny Light Twirlly Thingy made his heart jump with joy. I don't quite understand the point, but he loves it :).
Noah had a smile on his face during the entire show. I couldn't stop watching him.
All of the characters on stage.
Me and Noah
This was taken at the end of the show, and he wasn't very happy that it was over. I just had to get a picture of us together :).
Afterwards, Noah and I went to The Gateway to walk around. We went inside the old train station and Noah could have stayed there all day. He loves trains and was amazed by all of the paintings and stained glass arrangements of trains. We spent about 20 minutes in there just looking and admiring the beautiful art. Oh...and he had fun running from one wall to another :).
Once we got in the car, Noah requested his new little toy, and a granola bar. Then he said..."Thank you, Mommy". I love him...I love him more than he will ever know!
Five minutes later he was out cold.
What a fun day!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Mommy, Son dates are the best kind.
Looks like you two had a very special day together!!!!!!!!

cherilyn said...

he looks so big! what a fun day.

suzi said...

That Special date might come back to haunt you! We took Patrick to see Barney in concert and never let him forget it! XOXOXo We Love you, Noah!

Andrea said...

It looks like you had so much fun. Hopefully the Playhouse Disney show will come again next year so I can take Connor. I think by then he would be able to sit still for 20 minutes....maybe.

Maria said...

What a fun day!!

Jodi Nelson said...

"Thank you mommy." That is so precious!! How you come up with the most fun activities. What shall we do next time for playdate?!