Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reading Together

Noah is growing up so fast...it feels like yesterday he was just a little baby in my arms, completely dependent on me for everything. Now he is 3 1/2 and he loves to take the roll of teaching Leah new things, and I'll admit that it is sometimes hard to stand back and let him do his thing. We read books like crazy around here and Noah was beyond thrilled when Leah picked out a book and took it to him {and not me} to read it to her. His face lite up and he quickly went to the big chair, helped Leah up, and started to read to her. It was beyond precious...really it was! Leah just sat there with her head on his shoulder and listened intently as he read the story to her. I'm so thankful for the big brother that he is to Leah, and I know that she is too!

Today was a not so good day for me. I felt under the weather from morning until night...it's hard. The children didn't want to go to bed tonight, which surprised me because they didn't sleep well this afternoon. I was sure that they would want to get some rest after a long day of playing together. They must have had too much fun to want to put it to rest...oh the joys of being a kid. AND all that energy that they have...boy oh boy, I wish that they would pass some of it along to me. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better. I go to the doctor tomorrow for the baby...I don't like going to the doctor. Any doctor. At least this appointment is for the precious little on inside me and I do look forward to hearing it's little heart beat...it amazes me every time I hear that sound. Here's to another day!

1 comments:

Cher said...

that is so cute! love the picture too. sorry you weren't feeling well, hopefully the days get a bit better every day.